A Blooming Idiot?

Saw a snake
Her face turned white
From fright
 48/55

OR ..

Ever since the quake
When the earth began to shake
The little one’s flowers
Disappeared
73/85

OR w/our bonus word:

Mommy, will I bloom
When I grow up?
Your pot is small
No room at all
But you’ll be a blooming
Idiot like me this fall!
93/113

Grandma's challenge is to use her intriguing photo and write a short story using 140 characters/words or less. She also offers a bonus word to make it just a little more interesting. Join us at succinctly yours and lets see how low you can go!!

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow January 19, 2014 at 10:13 PM

These are funny! Love the photo inspiration.

Jim January 19, 2014 at 10:45 PM

Judy, you always do sooo good!
I like the third one best, I love the interplay here between the parent and child, "Mommy, will I bloom When I grow up?"

Our four year-old GD was wandering who she would marry when she grew up . I asked her if she had a boy friend, she said not. Then I asked her if she had friends who were boys. Wow! She has a lot. After a bit, I said, teasing, "I know who you will marry." End of conversation.

A couple of weeks later, after we had come home, the subject came up between her and her mother. The GD said, "Papa knows who I will marry." Kids. Even 'pot kids.'

Self Sagacity January 20, 2014 at 12:03 AM

Cool interpretation. And I love the way those pots were used. What a clever reuse.

eileeninmd January 20, 2014 at 5:42 AM

Judy, these are cute poems. I loved them all. I like the photo too, spring is coming.. Have a happy week!

mail4rosey January 20, 2014 at 1:21 PM

Great job! I like the pots, I'd put those in our garden, they're really cute. :)

Yamini MacLean January 20, 2014 at 1:55 PM

Hari Om
Loved all of these, but particularly the first one! Very nice takes on the prompt. YAM xx

Tammy January 21, 2014 at 9:19 AM

Very cute, all of them!

Grandmas Goulash January 25, 2014 at 12:17 PM

No lack of inspiration this week, Judy. I enjoyed them all, but the last was my favorite. Guess I can relate to that "blooming idiot". :D

Cherry February 11, 2014 at 2:04 AM

a blooming robot! haha! they looked so cute together.