You are what you eat?

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Oh you silly little man
Always eating yams
Now you look like one!
without spaces 53/
with 63

Grandma, (of Grandma's Goulash) I hope you continue to improve from your cataract surgery and thanks so much for hosting this fun challenge. The challenge called succinctly yours asks that we take Grandma's photo prompt and write a short short story of 140 characters/words or less. A bonus word is also supplied and this week it is yam.

I haven't been blogging quite as much of late as I have been busy trying to set up my online shop. I sold two of my t-shirt dresses and gave away four. At the urging of my children/grandchildren I have decided to see if we can sell them online. The sewing is easy, it's the technical side of setting up the site that is so time consuming!! Abriele is wearing the latest...

T-shirt dress

I have been making clothes for the children since they were infants and feel that every child should have at least one item especially created just for them. After all they are each unique and deserve to have something that says something about their individual personality. One of my older granddaughters has been coming over on the weekends to help create. She loves to go home with the creations she helps make. :-)

This post also linked to Our World Tuesday. Thank you for your visit. I hope your life is as rewarding as mine and that God richly blesses you.

Jim October 6, 2013 at 10:21 PM

Yes, he does look like a yam, a big one. But I don't think the other fellow has much room to talk.

The shirt dresses look nice. Best wishes on selling them. I'm thinking it be an etsy shop. I think they are fairly easy to set up. A lot easier than eBay.

Audrey Howitt aka Divalounger October 6, 2013 at 10:55 PM

Hi Judy! Loved this! Very cute and te dress is darling!

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow October 7, 2013 at 7:55 PM

Adorable little girl! She looks great in red. Personalization is important.

Pat October 7, 2013 at 11:17 PM

That is an appropriate haiku, Judy! One definitely is what one eats.

Abriele looks adorable in the red dress you made for her. Best wishes on your online sales endeavor!

mail4rosey October 9, 2013 at 8:02 AM

The dress is great but completely overshadowed by that beautiful little face!!!

Good luck with your sales!

retriever October 12, 2013 at 10:01 AM

☸ڿڰۣڿڰۣ

Have a nice day, greeting from Belgium, Wish you succes with shop online!
Blog seniorennet.Be Louisette Blog

Grandma's Goulash October 12, 2013 at 3:35 PM

I think you win the succinct prize this week. Yams aren't all that bad for you though, it's all the toppings that get put on them.

Abriele is a cutie and makes a perfect model. I made many of my daughter's clothes and some for friends as well. I loved the creativity of making my own patterns. Economical too - I was always on the lookout for inexpensive remnants that were just big enough for a child.

Good luck with your online store. I'd love to see a link, when you have it.

•°°• IcyBC •°°• October 17, 2013 at 5:22 AM

Oh good look to your shop, Judy! You're very creative and the dress looks so pretty, as as the owner of it :-)