A shoe for every foot

Sunday, August 25, 2013

We have a shoe for every foot. The profits of the sale will buy an x-ray machine for the children’s hospital. 89/107

Grandma's Goulash holds a weekly micro-fiction challenge. The idea is write a short story using 140 characters or words or less. She provides the photo prompt and a bonus word. This weeks bonus word is x-ray. Join Grandma's challenge called succinctly yours and show us how low you can go.

ruthinian August 26, 2013 at 8:19 AM

Nice take on this week's micro-fiction challenge. have to do mine now. have a wonderful week.

Audrey Howitt aka Divalounger August 26, 2013 at 12:03 PM

I loved this Judy !!

Pat August 26, 2013 at 12:19 PM

This is a wonderful altruistic post, Judy! Kudos for the great use of the wotw "x-ray."

Jerry looked at the photo and all he could come up with was: "I work in a shoe, but my mom lives in a shoe." I made a unilateral decision not to use it. Editor's prerogative...

Jim August 26, 2013 at 8:09 PM

Nice micro-fiction, Judy. That is a good use for the profits. (and a good use of the prompt word)
BTW, I tried to leave this comment on your Google + page as that is where the link you left on my blog takes me, but it said I wasn't allowed to comment:

"Hi Judy ~~ I get to your Google + page easily but it doesn't go to Hard Workin Judy very easy at all. At least your blog link is here. (but when I clicked on it I was directed to an old December post)

Can anyone ever read your Blogger Profile again? I have Google + but I won't do a profile page because it takes over."

Can Google + profile page be destroyed and you can get back to the old Blogger profile page for us? Or can one do both?

Judy SheldonWalker August 26, 2013 at 8:52 PM

Hi Jim! Thanks so much for your input. I wish I knew what to do about Google+. I don't feel they have given us proper info on this program before changing our blogging world as we know it. My blog has not been the same since. They make it sound so inviting but I get so much negative feedback from visitors. Is anyone happy with it? I think it is partially made to increase my gmail traffic because we pay for storage. (??)

Cherry August 29, 2013 at 1:09 AM

happy midweek, Judy!
take care and Godbless...

Colette S August 29, 2013 at 3:09 PM

This makes me smile. :)

Chubskulit Rose August 29, 2013 at 9:30 PM

Such a great cause!

~✽Mumsy✽~ August 30, 2013 at 9:36 AM

Oh that would be nice, the profit that would be used for the children's hospital that is..Fantastic take!

Grandma's Goulash August 31, 2013 at 10:18 AM

With my long feet, I'd really appreciate a store that carried shoes that fit every size. Very creative way to use this week's word.

Judy SheldonWalker August 31, 2013 at 8:56 PM

Grandma, I wear an 11 wide so understand completely. I cannot begin to tell you how many fruitless trips I've taken to buy shoes!!!