Thankful Thursday–Excursions

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Hidden lake gardens

Hidden lake gardens

Address: 6214 Monroe Rd, Tipton, MI 49287
Phone:(517) 431-2060
Hours daily 9 to 4

Way back when hubby and I were just dating, (yes-before marriage), and when he was trying to  win me over (he he), he asked me where I would like to go. Without hesitating, I answered, Hidden Lake Gardens. Now this is not his kind of thing. He likes nature, but only between the holes on a golf course. The other day when we out for my birthday dinner, I wanted to stop to snap a picture of a tree in a bloom, he drove faster and commented that a tree is only wood, leaves and bark and if you've seen one, you've seen them all!! Then he made this kind of funny sound to let me know how exasperating I could be so I should back off.

I waited over ten years but we went!

I gave up on getting to go. It had been over a decade and I stopped asking, but last summer he called me one day after I got out of church. He told me to hurry home. He told me once I got home to get in his car; then he drove and drove and drove. We arrived at Hidden Lake Gardens; much to my surprise. Last summer I posted some photos I took during our little day trip. It was a day when he pointed out things I might like to photograph, such as a swan and even stood patiently while I shot photos - not too many as I did not want to spoil a magical day. We spent about half an hour that I will forever treasure. (I could have stayed all day)

Thanks for the photo loans
Rather than look through my photo archives, I borrowed photos from the web, links attached. Thank you for the loan.
I'm sorry.
I have been neglecting my blog and my blogging friends and for this I apologize. My job has increased our hours and it is not voluntary. :-) My family and responsibilities have grown....Last week by the time I was able to even sit down at my computer it was midnight and I was falling asleep in my chair, so simply exhausted I got up and went to bed. I had worked 10 1/2 hours and then babysat till Mari got home from school. Abriele is utterly fascinated by the cords on my lap top, the light on the mouse, the screen, keys, you name it so around her blogging is very difficult.
My questions?
(Bet you were wondering when I would get back to the point!)
1. What is the place you have visited and enjoyed the most?
2. Where would you like to visit if you could visit anywhere? I want to see so many states but if I chose one it would be North Carolina. I wrote to the chamber of commerce there as a child and the brochures they sent me took my breath away.
This post linked to Two Questions Thursday. Please join Amanda where the party has already started. Take care, stay healthy and God bless!

Janet Martin May 8, 2013 at 11:33 PM

I laughed out loud...your hubby MUST be related to mine; 'a sky is a sky is a sky...the, it's a sunset, my dear! There have been many before this one and there will be many to come.' Thank-you for sharing. your photos are GORGEOUS!

Poetic Shutterbug May 9, 2013 at 1:22 AM

I have to say Hong Kong. I've been there twice and desperately want to go back again.

betchai May 9, 2013 at 2:45 PM

haha, though hubby shares my love for photography and hiking and nature, but somehow, there are some aspects that he sounds like your hubby, like my love for wildflowers, to him, a flower is a flower, whether wild or grown, they are still flowers, so when we go hiking and i stop to photograph wildflowers, he keeps on walking, hahah!!!!!

Jim May 9, 2013 at 7:01 PM

Hi Judy ~~ I won't worry about your blogging manners if you don't reply to me. I will worry a bit that you are being used, overworked on the job. I hope they pay you VERY WELL.

Israel was the most enjoyable visit to me. I retired my HUSH Puppies because I knew they had crossed the places where Jesus walk many, many times.

I'm not sure where again. It would be London and we hope to do that this summer. This is because our youngest daughter and youngest granddaughters live. Stay at home BIL dad too

We have been to all 50 states and most territories.

Self Sagacity May 10, 2013 at 1:05 AM

It sounded like a lot of bloggers that we know are also in thre same situation. Life got busier than we expected. No problem, it is nice to visit with you once a week at least. I love that second photo, so picturest, the colors - wow!
1) I would love to visit Niagara Falls again, this time with my kids, and mate.
2) if I could pick any where in the world, I would pick somewhere that means somoething to me. This time, I would just like an hour by myself in the place that held so much memories.. To soak it in, and let it go.

Colette S May 11, 2013 at 9:35 AM

I have wondered if you were okay.
I'm glad you are and I hope you get to rest up some.

I'm so glad you have that memory to cherish from your visit to the gardens. I would be delighted too.

1. What is the place you have visited and enjoyed the most?
Hawaii. I saw so many gorgeous things and have wanted to go back and live there ever since.

2. Where would you like to visit if you could visit anywhere?
I think Italy, but it would take a month or so to get it all seen and done :)

Happy weekend to you Judy. *HUGS*

Icy BC May 12, 2013 at 8:05 PM

I like too many places to name, but anywhere near the water would do.

At least he finally took you out to where you've wanted so long :-)