The Awakening

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Forsythia

Partying hardy,
Nightlife invites till one day
Motherhood awakens
~
Motherhood awakens
An urge to protect and care
For the little one
~

Dianthus

Violets dot the lawn
Green grass and dandelions
Appearing anew
~

Skinny barren branches
Covered with new spring buds
Become gold flowers...
~

I could not wait to participate in both challenges; carpe diem and haiku my heart. Kristjaan is offering us inspiration by posting on awakening, which may conjure up different meanings for different individuals. I love the way he teaches and inspires simulataneously. As you can see, he awakened something within me. :-)

Then while visiting different readers from some of my friend's blogs I happened upon the challenge "haiku my heart." The blog administrator has a lovely and creative blog, which I enjoyed visiting immensely. We have such a lot of talent in the blogosphere, don't you think?

If you've got a moment please visit both and you will not be disappointed. Thank you for your visit. Take care, stay healthy and God bless.

wabisabipoet April 27, 2013 at 8:48 PM

It is wonderful when those skinny barren branches begin to swell with color and life! Sudden Sun

jrbhaiku April 27, 2013 at 9:34 PM

You've gifted us a lovely set, thank you so much for sharing :)

Awakenings

Kristjaan Panneman April 27, 2013 at 11:30 PM

Judy ... what a wonderful post ... your kind words touches me deep down in my heart. I am so glad to hear that you enjoy Carpe Diem's daily haiku meme and the efforts I do for it. I am grateful for all of your nice haiku and haiga in this post. Thank you for your daily effort to write and share haiku with our haiku community.

Maggie Grace April 28, 2013 at 1:18 PM

I feel the same way about Carpe Diem and its community of writers. Love all of your haiku and the photos of beautiful new growth. My buds are my babies.

Bj√∂rn April 28, 2013 at 1:22 PM

I love your haiga here, spring has just barely touched us here. But I expect that a verdant explosion to come soon.

joanne April 28, 2013 at 2:04 PM

your post brought the spring sunshine into my living room....

rebecca April 30, 2013 at 10:55 PM

dear judy,

welcome to haiku my heart! i love that you found your way to our friday gathering. i hope you will feel at home and visit often. your haiku are so lovely, such a gift!