Thankful Thursday - Rain

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Rain, Rain, wash over me,
cleanse an purify me,
your drops, so soothing n' smooth,
lull me to sleep, content, not blue...

If you would like to read the rest of Richard McClellan's poem you can click on the link within his name.

Without rain there would be no flowers, no food, disease would run rampant...I cannot imagine a world without rain; can you? As children we would play in the rain on a hot summer day, but last summer we had very little and many of our lakes became very low as well as our rivers and some of the ponds even dried up. Grass died, farmlands suffered.

I love the rain. It is soothing, refreshing and nurturing. Let the flowers go a few days without rain and watch them perk their little heads up after a little rainfall. When I am particularly stressed or hubby is watching a rather noisy show late into the night and I cannot sleep, I will play a rain cd and drift off like a baby.

This post is linked to Amanda's Two Questions Thursday. My questions this week are:

1. What keeps you up at night?

2. What helps you fall asleep? I take 1/2 dose of melatonin as well. It helps the body prepare for restful sleep.

Thank you for your visit. Take care, stay healthy and God bless!!

8)(8 April 11, 2013 at 2:19 AM

We don't get much, so I love the rain. Great answer!

Jim April 11, 2013 at 11:40 AM

Hi Judy ~~ We are 'linked' today, so far. Haha

I like to go to sleep with the rain falling and having a nearby window open. We don't get to do that here along the Texas Gulf Coast as most of our rains are blowing and a bit tropical in nature.

2. To go to sleep, I use the TV. It puts me to sleep always before a program is over, often within a couple-three minutes. Then the sleep timer shuts the TV off.

1. Not much except pain keeps me awake during the night. I think going to bed late helps a lot, we generally don't go to bed until after midnight and then some.

Judy SheldonWalker April 11, 2013 at 1:20 PM

Jim, is the pain in your joints? If so you may want to try taking either turmeric or ginger. It works.

Self Sagacity April 11, 2013 at 3:19 PM

I don't like rain much, thus I moved from Louisiana. There we had more rain then anything else.
1) If I am awake, it has to be caffeine. I drank some of Icy's coffee when I was in Mich and it kept me awake...lol. But around that time of the month, I have a couple of nights that I just can't sleep. Other than that, stress, a problem would be things that keeps me awake.
2) I like a glass of wine at dinner or in the evenings, that seems to help me relax.
Unfortunately tv shows don't put me to sleep, I am usually curious to see what's next?
Have a wonderful weekend. I hope all goes well with the linky today. ;-)

Icy BC April 13, 2013 at 3:03 AM

I am thankful for the rain as well, but the entire week is just a bit too much, don't you think?

I think stress, worries, and problems are those that live in my subconscious and it kept me waking up!

I should try melatonin!

Colette S April 14, 2013 at 10:39 PM

What a gorgeous flower shot! And very nice poem too.

I LOVE the rain. The smell of it, the rhythm, the function.

1. Fear keeps me up at night. I'm usually alone with the kids and thinking how to protect them if I'm attacked.

2. Praying puts me to sleep or if I"m simply so tired that my body just shuts down.

Happy Sunday Judy!