The Promise of Spring

Friday, March 22, 2013

Spring blossoms

The minister speaks
My mind intently listens
Till my eyes spy blossoms
~

Spring blossoms

Tis heaven when spring greets
Our eyes and olfactor senses
With fragrant blossoms
~
We leave monochrome days
Entering a wondrous haze
Blossoms on display
~

The eyes get weary, even the body after months of cold frigid temperatures and  short days. We begin the day in the dark and come home from work in the dark; no wonder so many suffer from SAD. Some reason I remember last spring as I listened to our minister speak, and I do listen, honestly, but as I looked out the window I spotted these two gorgeous trees with hundreds of blossoms. After church I ran around to the other side to snap some pictures and just came across two of those saved photos in my archives. It is still too cold here for blooms, but soon spring promises to revive our tired senses!

Thank you, Kristjaan Panneman, for offering this haiku challenge where we can take your inspiring thoughts and words and turn them into our version of spring haiku. Visit carpe diem and challenge yourself.

Thank you for your visit. Take care, stay healthy and God bless!

Mark M. Redfearn March 23, 2013 at 6:03 AM

I'm afraid my mind wanders when ministers speak too. Ah, the ways of sinners, eh?

Adriana Dascalu March 23, 2013 at 6:12 AM

Beautiful haiku, Judy! Kristjaan's prompts and articles are always so inspiring!

acreativeharbor.com March 23, 2013 at 8:16 AM

...leaving monochrome days ~ what a lovely thought ~ Enjoy ^_^

Brudberg March 23, 2013 at 1:22 PM

To leave the black and white... a glorious thought

Kristjaan Panneman March 23, 2013 at 2:23 PM

Thank you Judy for your kind words. It's a joy to write my posts for you all and it makes me happy to see and read how you all are taking up the challenge to write haiku.
This triplet of haiku is wonderful and I enjoyed the read very much. When a minister is speeching? Well my mind also would be drifting away to other places :-)

joanne March 23, 2013 at 2:40 PM

each one a jewel.... beautiful lines, describing how I feel too...

wabisabipoet March 23, 2013 at 9:53 PM

Yes blossoms would take my mind off the minister's words too! :)

Colette S March 24, 2013 at 10:32 PM

Haha I think I know now why all the blinds in our church is drawn and closed and the windows. Haha. I'd be outside too with my eyes :)

Beautiful shots!