Thankful Thursday - Flowers

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Happy Valentines Day!

Hope you are beary happy!

I hope your Valentine's day is very sweet, not necessarily romantic, but happy!!  Mariolina helped her toddlers in her class make valentine's cards for their parents. I have given my children and grands cards and gifts before for Valentine's day. We exchange goodies at work... Who says love has to be limited to those we are intimate with?

1. Does Valentine's day have to be about romance?

2. What is your favorite gift for Valentine's day? Whatever it is, I hope you get it! :-)

This post linked to Two Questions Thursday. Thank you for your visit. Take care, God bless, and stay well!!

Self Sagacity February 14, 2013 at 11:47 PM

Hi Judy, Happy Valentines Day! It does not have to be about romance - but a great time to be romantic with your significant other.
My favorite gift is a candle light dinner where I am waited on and I can eat in peace.
I didn't get it, but I got a nice hand bag. smiles

Self Sagacity February 14, 2013 at 11:49 PM

I am not sure what happened to your link. I didn't see it either, did you see it after you linked? If you did, that is so strange...I wondered what happened?

Judy SheldonWalker February 14, 2013 at 11:56 PM

Amanda, I thought I did, but lately life has been a bit hectic so perhaps I imagined it. ^-0

Judy SheldonWalker February 14, 2013 at 11:59 PM

I am glad you got a nice purse. I love romantic dinners too, but oh well!

Jim February 15, 2013 at 12:56 AM

Happy Valentine's Day, Judy !!! (Wow, I just missed it--by our time zone, CST.)

1. I believe the the Valentine's Day type of love is like what I call--and you showed-- a Teddy Bear love, all soft and cuddly, not necessarily romantic.

2. Generally I just get a card from Mrs. Jim. I give her a card and a box of Whitman's Sampler chocolates. This year she didn't eat any of her Christmas box so she warned me that this one would do for Valentine's.

And it was wrapped in RED, couldn't do much better.

SquirrelQueen February 15, 2013 at 1:14 AM

I really like your flower collage Judy and the bear couple is so cute.

I don't think Valentine's Day has to be about romance but it should be about love. Watching small children excited about making cards for others is what the holiday is really about. No commercialism, just fun and love.

I really don't care about gifts. We had a nice dinner together and it was a perfect Valentine's Day.

Colette S February 16, 2013 at 1:51 AM

I made crafts with my children for all the kids in both their classes. I thought it was better than the regular candy.

Valentine's day does not have to be romantic at all. It's just another day really. We should dare to love at all times.

My favorite gift for any Valentine would be my husband seeking help so our family can grow.

Have a good weekend! *HUG*