Thankful Thursday - Better Weather!

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Snow covered tree

read more>>>>

Half way through the day the snow started coming down fast and furious. Here is one of the pictures I took out of the window on my break. My co-workers who lived out of town became concerned about the road conditions and rightly so as the snow was accumulating quickly.

After I got out of work, hubby and I went to get Mariolina and Abriele from her job to take them home. She is working as a teaching assistant now and they have a day care on site so we could pick them both up at once. We were driving slowly and carefully. With the cutbacks in spending, our streets had not been cleared and no salt trucks had been sent out yet. The snow was still falling and some people drove like it was just another day expecting others to be able to stop on a dime as they wove in and out of traffic. I was glad to sit beside hubby and let him drive, especially with precious cargo on board. I am grateful for any weather God wants to send our way, but appreciate the other seasons a lot more!!

1. Are you annoyed by those who drive carelessly in in-climate weather? I am!!

2. Do you have any special things you do to remain accident free? I try to keep my distance, but a lot of drivers seem to think I left the car length in front of me for them to squeeze into.

Join the conversation at Thursday Two Questions. Amanda knows how to keep the conversation rolling. Thank you for your visit. Take care. Stay healthy, God bless and Have a blessed New Year!!

CHAN LEE PENG December 26, 2012 at 10:33 PM

Great read!Thanks for filling up my time... :-)

SquirrelQueen December 27, 2012 at 4:48 AM

I'm glad to hear you got home safely.
I get very annoyed at drivers who seem to think they can drive like they always do, which is badly, in bad weather. Not only are they endangering themselves but everyone on the highway with them.

I am very aware of the traffic around me and like you I keep my distance, Winter driving isn't that difficult with a little bit of common sense and care.

Colette S December 27, 2012 at 3:36 PM

I'm glad you are safe.

I'm always surprise of the death wish of other drivers.

1. I am very annoyed when drivers drive carelessly, let's not get into the ones on the constant phone and texting.

2. I am like you, I keep my distance, but always without a doubt, someone thinks I leave a space from them. Then I have to go even father back.

Do you need to have chains on your vehicles?

Self Sagacity December 27, 2012 at 8:03 PM

1) I guess one of the things that I always find helpful is to remember it is not me I have to watch but other drivers around me. I am like you and Squirrel Queen, I can not understand why drivers would risk their lives and other people's lives being careless. Well you know about my wreck.
2) No, I am afraid not. It is something I have no control about.

Judy SheldonWalker December 27, 2012 at 8:17 PM

Colette, it is illegal to use chains. Funny thing is we did when I was young, now they say it tears up the roads.

Thanks everyone for your concerns! Hugs!

Icy BC December 28, 2012 at 8:06 PM

I am very annoyed by those that weave in and out of traffic when the road was slippery. I saw many skid and spin right in front of me.

To be careful, I drove slow and keep a distance.

Annmarie Pipa December 30, 2012 at 9:31 PM

I just pray and pray...i do not like to drive in bad weather...and now that I have young drivers driving...I pray even harder!!
anyway, stay safe..and Happy New Year!!