Thankful Thursday - Choice

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Sunrise

Our election is over and the people's voices have been heard. We chose our president. Colette of JamericanSpice wrote a very moving post about the right to vote.  I have always encouraged my children to vote, so I was glad to see such moving words. Continued .....

We are lucky as Americans that we have choices. Our forefathers have made many sacrifices so that we can enjoy the liberties we take for granted daily without fear. Some of the powers that be this year tried to suppress our votes. Recently political platforms were run trying to remove our right to family planning and equal pay among other things. There were those who wanted to take away some of our choices. Thankfully they did not get their way. We were heard.

I may not agree with everyone's choice. Sometimes I may rethink my own when the outcome is different than I thought it would be, but I have a choice. Colette is so right. It is a gift and to not take it is foolish. I voted.

1. Did you?

2. Who do you think should have the right to vote?

Join us at Thursday Two Questions. Coffees on and the conversation is brewing. See you there!! Thank you for your visit. Take care. Stay healthy and God bless!

Poetic Shutterbug November 7, 2012 at 9:57 PM

I absolutely vote in each and every election. I feel that we all need to have a say in what directly affects us as citizens.

Jim November 7, 2012 at 10:54 PM

I just about always vote, ever since I was in my mid 20's. Our vote doesn't count much here in Texas because we are soooo RED (people who don't know what 'conservative' means like to call themselves conservative.

Mostly though I feel I am encouraging those who chose to run even knowing they will not win.

Cathy Kennedy November 8, 2012 at 6:24 AM

Voting is something we shouldn't foolishly take for granted or dismiss. I voted!

I believe every American has the right to vote and no others within the USA. If you're here in this country on a work visa or exchange student or illegally or what have you then you are not allowed the same privilege to vote who our next president is to be. That's enough said. =D

Icy BC November 8, 2012 at 7:05 AM

Every citizen should have a right to vote, and it should be extended to Junior High student. They have to learn about it, so they should be able to voice their opinion in the election, too!

Ruthinian Gregoire November 8, 2012 at 7:32 PM

I voted too. It was my very first time to vote as a new citizen.

Every citizen should vote and voice should be heard.

Judy SheldonWalker November 8, 2012 at 8:13 PM

I appreciate the feedback received on this important issue. How we vote is our business, but not voting is ignoring the privilege many have fought for.

Icy, I like that idea. Our students do get into the politics and some of them have a very good understanding of what is going on.

Ruthi, congrats. It makes us feel like team players. :-)

Tina´s PicStory November 10, 2012 at 5:03 PM

beautiful sky! :)

Self Sagacity November 13, 2012 at 2:44 AM

1. Did you? No, not this year. I had it ready, but forgot to mail it. It didn't seemed as important this year, or even in my state, since I knew who was going to win already.

2. Who do you think should have the right to vote? Everyone.