Thankful Thursday - Colors

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Autumn Gold

I am with Icy in that I am loving our Indian summer. I took off after work the last few days and made a detour before heading home to take nature walks taking numerous pictures of the brightly colored leaves. I have at least a hundred now. :-) Home will still be there when I get there. Right?

Multi-colored leaves

1. Have you noticed that leaves come in an abundance of different colors, not merely green, yellow, orange, red and brown?

2. What is your favorite type of tree? I love the golden rain tree, the sugar maple and this mysterious specimen above. I discovered three of these trees standing outside one of my favorite thrift stores and became enamored with them last fall. The leaves are so shiny and the colors range from yellow to burgundy!

This post linked to Thursday Two Questions.

A sincere thanks for your visit. Take care, stay healthy and God bless!!

Dominique Goh October 24, 2012 at 11:36 PM

I've seen the leaves in different colours too.
I don't have a favourite tree but we see a lot of rain trees around here.

Poetic Shutterbug October 25, 2012 at 12:44 AM

That is what is so beautiful about the season, the glorious colors of leaves.

I love trees but I have to say my favorite is the Chinese chestnut tree and the New Zealand Christmas tree.

Jim October 25, 2012 at 6:16 AM

High Judy, I love it that you take detours on your way home. I like to do that too.

We are in London now and they have one of the biggest leaf on a tree that I have seen before. It is similar in shape, three divisions, to a maple but I don't think it is mapple as these trees grow really tall and large.

I brought one home to the flat here but haven't seen it in a few days. This one had 'yellowed' but others from the same tree falling were still green.

Since I cannot visualize (really hurts with faces and people recognition) I cannot remember a lot of the different colored leaves though I know there are some.

Bing October 26, 2012 at 1:37 AM

what lovely leaf colors!

1. i am not much a plant person but i do notice changes like this.

2. didn't get to be particular about the name and type of trees. i love almost everything about kingdom plantae though.

Self Sagacity October 26, 2012 at 12:20 PM

Yes, sometime ago. smiles. I've noticed that all the leaves turn differently too, no two are exactly alike..just like humans. it's incredible isn't it.
My favorite tree is mimosa, I have two right now, one is full of flowers, the other is full of leaves, and grow like a maniac...I prefer the one with more flowers, but then, it has a lot of seeds...hmmm...now that I think about it, I don't think I like it that much. I like palms much better.

Jesh StG October 27, 2012 at 4:03 PM

Your pics slow clearly the different colors:) I love trees, especially to paint them! Any kind!

Anne Lyken-Garner October 28, 2012 at 12:15 PM

I love the red leaves. They're so vibrant and beautiful.

I love mock orange. It doesn't have a magnificent display in autumn. I just love how the little white flowers smell heavenly in the spring.

Blogger Broadcast October 28, 2012 at 4:25 PM

1) I have noticed that the fall is a lot prettier in CA than MI...I lived in both states. The difference is while the leaves turn different shades, it is not freezing outside.
2) I like the Jacaradona we have, it is very leafy but very fine texture.