Thankful Thursday - Persistence

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

lion head rabbit

Trumpet flowers growing through concrete

A few weeks ago, while I was busily following my little visitor, a domestic rabbit, which had  been let go, as it hopped through my yard and the neighboring two yards, I came across this trumpet vine. It was growing in an empty lot with roots within a cement foundation where a garage once stood. It had been persistent enough to grow it's roots deep within the concrete and bloom regardless of lack of soil and rain. The blooms were stunning as they climbed a catalpa tree there and the many orange blossoms cascaded down. I wait for the right circumstances and complain of the obstacles. I could bloom too, if I were a bit more persistent. :-) These flowers did not say to themselves "I cannot bloom here! The circumstances aren't right!"

1. What is your "concrete"?

2. Are you sure you can't bloom? I know you can. I see your beauty every time I read your blog. :-) We can all bloom where we are planted.

Please join Amanda at Thursday Two Questions. Add your special fragrance to the many "blossoms" already blooming there. Thank you for your visit. Take care, stay healthy and God bless!

Jim August 2, 2012 at 1:01 AM

Hi H. Working Judy ~~ Good advice. I will try with your Q's.

1. What is your "concrete"?
Having lived a long time and knowing things won't change.

I used to bloom. I was never planted, a bird dropped the egg the bee had given it and I was hatched on that spot.
I.e, I rally don't have an idea. I might could.

Icy BC August 2, 2012 at 5:59 AM

Whoa..you play with my head this week, Judy :-)

This week my "concrete" is the persistent back pain, but I bloom by completing my duties with mom..even though the after affect was worst on my back..

I think we all can bloom where we at if we set our head to it.

Those trumpet flowers are so pretty, and amazing to grow through the crack of concrete like that..

⊱↫PreciousKD↬⊰ August 2, 2012 at 7:46 AM

My concrete is health issue, but it doesn't hinder me at all. I work through it, pushing through it, and carrying on.

I just had back surgery a few months back, and working to regain strength. I guess in a way, I "bloom" with the concrete on my back :-)

Cathy Kennedy August 2, 2012 at 9:12 AM

For a long time it was debt, until I learned how to manage how things should be paid, and then I bloomed and trump the whole ugly mess!

BTW, the rabbit is so adorable!

JamericanSpice August 3, 2012 at 12:40 AM

It's always amazing to find these inspiration in nature.

1. Most times, my concrete is myself.

2. I can. I just need to believe in the possibility.

p.s Your share bar has become wonky and is now double sized and blocking your words in your articles.

I had it too and had to take it off my blog because it want widespace like that.

aloha :)

Self Sagacity August 4, 2012 at 12:52 AM

Hi Judy. First let me lovingly complain about your share bar too. I had to duck it to read your post almost the whole time. I think those share bars messes people's blogs up if you are not careful with the coding.

1) I was kinda lost with the "concrete" question, not sure how to answer it. I guess, in someways it has been SO, even though I am strong willed and strong minded, he is the calm one. So being calm has a lot of advantages. Especially when we are trying to push through concrete, i.e "tough circumstances." Other concretes I relied on is my persistence, I like to know that I've tried everything before I give up. I want to know that if I am looking for something to happen, I have to do everything in my power to help it along. If it still doesn't happen, then, it is meant to be, and that is what god wants for me, or meant for me. A lot of times, there are more that we could do, which we don't know about, and that is ok too, because we didn't know about them. How could be blame ourselves, if it is out of our control and something we do not have a clue about?
2) I think I grew as much as I can Judy, yet I can't help but believe that if I had a better fertilizer that I would flourish even more. I believe that god has given me all the right tools, I am capable of many things, but somehow, I wish I had better directions, and guidance, I could grow even more. So the answer is, I bloomed. Just like a flower, as much as the TLC it has received.
Interesting questions today.
The rabbit is incredible. I've never seen one like him before.

Annmarie Pipa September 16, 2012 at 8:14 PM

those trumpet flowers are an inspiration!