Thankful Thursday ~ Mama's arms

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Baby being burped

Baby sleeping

Mama holds her baby tight
Secure across her breast
There is no place better
For the child to rest

She relaxes her grip on wakefulness
Falling deeply into sleep
Cause she knows in Mama's arms
There is no need to weep

Mama's arms hold the world at bay
And all the worries that it brings
Mama brings a better day
And from her love joy springs...

Motherhood by God
poem by Judy

We have no problem believing our mother loves us and she will do all that is in her power to show us that love and protect us so why should it be so difficult to trust in God and His infinite wisdom and love? Does He not have our best interest at heart?

Thank you for your visit. Take care, stay healthy and may God richly bless you! This post linked to Two question Thursday. Let's all get together at Amanda's! See you there.

ArtMuseDog and Carol September 5, 2012 at 10:29 PM

Awesome photos ~ so loving ~ and poetry ~ (A Creative Harbor)

SquirrelQueen September 6, 2012 at 3:49 AM

Aw Judy, those are adorable photos. What a little doll.
Your poem is beautiful and tells the story of a mother's love perfectly.

Self Sagacity September 6, 2012 at 3:39 PM

I love the second photo. The baby is precious. So cute- I wished I could reach out and grab her from my monitor.
1) I wish that I could say how much my mom loves us. I am not sure that she really knows what loving her kids entails.
2) I think that god knows what is best for us, whether it is fortune or pain, we are put on this earth to accomplish certain things. Some people are meant to do great things, while others are supposed to exist, and be there for other people. I think god is giving us the opportunity to live and experience and to learn. I am not sure what else there is beyond that.

Judy SheldonWalker September 6, 2012 at 9:55 PM

Amanda, where my father failed at loving, mom excelled, but he loved her. A love like that inspires and warms one's heart. I am truly blessed, but Amanda when we are loved like that at least once in our life, it is a torch we must pass on. Some may not get that opportunity. They find their fire elsewhere, light their torch and pass it on. I see the light in you. You pass it on to Miss T and have passed it on to your other children. It is a gift, a God given gift.

Blessings, Judy

Cathy Kennedy September 7, 2012 at 7:41 AM

We are God's children and like all children we have to learn things the hard way sometimes. When we find out first hand (just like our children must, it seems) our way isn't the right way or the easiest way, then we look to God for direction/leadership.

I believe it's difficult to wrap your mind around what you can't see, even though God is all around if we just look. As a child of God I know He has my best interest always first even when I don't understand. It's painful to let go of self sometimes and give everything to him.

I can see the similarities in our earthly children. They see us, hear our teachings, & know that we love them yet they don't seem to trust our instructions enough to apply them to their own lives which results in failures and heartache for them & us. I guess that pretty much sums up the way God feels when we don't totally surrender our will over to Him in all matters.

JamericanSpice September 7, 2012 at 11:29 AM

Wow Judy. You are so talented!

Such sweet photos of the baby. I love babies.

Perfect poem!

You asked a question that just popped my ears up!

Just yesterday after bible study I thought to myself. Colette, my name is Colette and God loves me :)

I can't remember why. Maybe I was feeling sad or just tired.

Happy Friday

Judy SheldonWalker September 7, 2012 at 10:17 PM

Kathy, yes, how often did we not trust our parents enough to follow their advice so it is not surprising that ours follow suit. We need to work on our trust issues now just like we did then. :-)

Colette, you are so sweet. God does love you and so do I! Don't feel sad. :-)