Y - Because We Like You!

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Lion head bunny

Red, white and blue

The Mickey Mouse club used to sing "M-i-c-k-e-y
Y - because we like you!
M-o-u-s-e"

So "Y" has been multi tasking as least since I was a child! :-)
Y begins and ends words equally well -

Look at all the incredible things that end in Y
There is bunny, butterfly and the fourth of July
There is lily, baby, strawberry and sky
So many yummy things to catch your eye...
And have you noticed some both begin and end with Y?
Such as yesterday, yummy, yeomanly,
youthfully and yearly?
And the letter "Y" causes you to question
why?
 When you hear it uttered, asks I. . .
Why?

This post linked to ABC Wednesday. Have a great fourth of July. Thanks so much for visiting. Take care, stay healthy and God bless!

Roger Owen Green July 4, 2012 at 11:06 AM

I remember the MM club, too.

Apropos of nothing, I have a cousin (actually, my father's) and his name is Sheldon Walker.

ROG, ABC Wednesday team

Judy SheldonWalker July 4, 2012 at 11:54 AM

Thanks, Rog. Sheldon-Walker is both my maiden and married name merged. They're married too. :-) Have a happy fourth!!

chubskulit July 4, 2012 at 1:45 PM

Love that bunny! Happy 4th of July, Judy!

Rose, ABC Wednesday Team

Leslie: July 4, 2012 at 11:35 PM

verY cool post for our Y week,

Leslie
abcw team

Andy David July 5, 2012 at 7:55 PM
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Clytie July 5, 2012 at 10:55 PM

I hope you had a happy 4th, Judy! I love your red, white and blue collage - I wish I was creative enough to think of something like that!

I especially love your refracted rainbow ... the tree at the bottom is the perfect touch!

I followed your link on GHT to Aimee's delightful heart. I'm so glad you shared it! (My kids don't let me take pictures of them either. Sigh.)

Icy BC July 6, 2012 at 6:21 AM

Fabulous poem, and great photos, Judy!

We still have fireworks here last night, the big ones went off every few seconds! JoJo's bunny jumped out of her skin :-(

Judy SheldonWalker July 6, 2012 at 7:24 AM

Clytie, you are very creative. I know. I have read your posts. :-) You can get the tool for making collages at photoscape.

Icy, I know. My poor skittish cat is going crazy from them too, not to mention no sleep for me; between the heat and the noise...and then him hovering around under me...

Anne Lyken-Garner July 6, 2012 at 9:48 AM

Quite enjoyable, Judy. I loved it. You're very creative.

Sharp Little Pencil July 14, 2012 at 1:41 AM

Judy, thanks for the updates. Your take on the "Y" prompt was cute and creative! Thanks also for the images. Hope your Independence Day was memorable. The drought continues in Wisconsin, and we are praying for the small farms...

Peace, Amy