Thankful Thursday - Today

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Today is ours
but only this precise minute
We need to enjoy it
and every facet in it
Yesterday is gone
and never will return
Tomorrow is full of things
 for which we yearn
But is still not promised,
but always 'round the bend
The place we build dreams
and perhaps we make amend
So grab this precious moment
 hold it to your breast
Treasure it, treat it well
and for this you'll be blessed.

Last night I got in from work and Mari told me her labor pains were less than five minutes apart so I talked her into going to the hospital. She had already had two false alarms so I had to convince her to go. She did not want to "bother" people or be embarrassed by going in and getting ready to have a baby who was not ready to make her appearance yet. I convinced her to go, however she still was reluctant. I told hubby and he met me at the kid's apartment and we took her in together.

She was so afraid she would be sent home again she told my son, her husband not to go but promised to call him if she was admitted. Hubby and I stayed until 2 a.m. at which time she had dilated to 3 and was given a gown and i.v. I made a call to my baby boy, and he showed up quickly as hubby and I went home.

At my job this morning around 9 a.m there were not many calls so they asked for volunteers to go home (without pay). Although I cannot afford it, I volunteered and called the kids to see if they needed anything and they did, so I stopped and picked up Mari's overnight bag and Chris' cell phone charger before heading to her hospital room where they were both waiting. Hubby was already there.
  :-)

I am so glad I did because at 2:17 today our baby was born. She weighs 8 lbs. 14 ozs and is 21 inches long. She has a wonderful head of dark curly hair and a lusty pair of lungs. She cried the moment the doctor helped her make her entrance making a very noticeable entry. So today is baby Abriele's birth day. The beginning of something we expect to be spectacular.

God bless you baby Abriele and God bless her parents as they love and nurture her. It is such an awesome responsibility and opportunity. God does not give this gift to everyone so we must truly appreciate what he has bestowed.

If my daughter in law had not trusted me and gone to the hospital I wonder if things would have gone differently, but my thoughts are going much deeper -

1. Do you treasure your moments treating each one as if it is the only one?
2. Or do you take it for granted that you will always have tomorrow?

I try to appreciate and treasure my time, but sometimes do forget to be appreciative. God is truly an awesome God. Sometimes life gives us obstacles (such as labor pains) but the rewards are great.

This post linked to Two Questions Thursday. Thank you for your kind visit. Take care, stay healthy and God bless. Please visit Amanda's. The conversation is just beginning and I am sure you have something remarkable to add. :-)

Self Sagacity May 17, 2012 at 12:51 AM

2)I think everyone takes it for granted that there is always tomorrow. I don't think I do as much as other people I know. Why do I say that? Because when I would propose a get together, the other person would delay it, or promise we will do it one day, that one day never comes - while when I proposed- I am thinking within two weeks.
1) This week, I can say that I've dedicate a lot of time for my MattLove, and I believe that I can see the difference. I like the way I am being a mom to him, and I am happy to have had this opportunity.

SquirrelQueen May 17, 2012 at 4:19 AM

Oh my goodness, Judy it's a good thing she listed to you. But I can understand Mari's hesitation after two false alarms.

Congratulations to the family on Miss Abriele's birth.

I always treasure every moment, we never know what tomorrow will bring.

Cathy Kennedy May 17, 2012 at 6:18 AM
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anne Lyken-Garner May 17, 2012 at 1:20 PM

I try hard to treasure each moment. I don't always do it, but I try. I pray that I get better at doing so.

I love your granddaughter's name. Congratulations to you and your family.

⊱↫PreciousKD↬⊰ May 17, 2012 at 2:30 PM

Congratulation on the arrival of your granddaughter. I might take other things for granted, but not children. I took each one as they came with great gratitude.

JamericanSpice May 17, 2012 at 4:01 PM

Wow. wow wow! Congratulations! That is so wonderful having a new baby in the family. God bless them!

1. I try always to treasure my moments and sometimes I try and it doesn't happen but at least I am conscious of it.

2. I never think I have tomorrow until it comes. Everything I say about tomorrow I say 'God willing"

Enjoy this happy time with your family!

Jim May 17, 2012 at 5:13 PM

Congratulations, New Grandma Judy! I do hope that all are okay and will stay that way. But like we say, tomorrow is a new and different day.

I remember very well when our daughter went in for the last (of six) grandkid (KP if you read my blog much). Her doctor sent her directly from his office. Not a big problem as she had her laptop, cell phone, and stuff in her car.

Next morning she was a mother. So she spent the night finishing her work. She made several conference calls with her London peer, made reports, got data from the London bunch, sent e-mails, etc.
The nurses had not seen some like her before, she is an extreme work-a-holic.

1. A lot of moments I treasure. Some I squander, or
2. take for granted. Tomorrow? It may not come at my age but there really is nothing that needs to be done by me.

Icy BC May 18, 2012 at 6:53 AM

You're so blessed with a wonderful gift from God, and from your children, Judy! I'm happy that everything went smoothly, and congrats to the entire family with this new precious life.

Salitype May 18, 2012 at 6:07 PM

How exciting !!! Congratulations to the new member of your family. I love her name "Abriele"

Aligaga

Annmarie Pipa May 20, 2012 at 8:50 PM

congrats cngrats!!! enjoy your new granddaughter!

outdoorliving July 10, 2012 at 1:23 AM

yeh great moment of life enjoy... http://pinterest.com/modernoutdoor/