Thankful Thursday - Mother's day

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Finley's place mat

My son and his wife totally spoiled me for my birthday. I was taken to Burlington's to get a few outfits and then out to eat. Then hubby took my mother and I out to eat at Finley's. You eat there free on your birthday. (Sorry about the wet spots on my place mat. The waitress put Mom and my ice waters on it.) Something bothered Mom and I as we checked out their place mats.

1. Just wondering if you notice the same thing we did? I will respond back in the comments on this one.

2. I hope all Moms have a wonderful mother's day and want to ask what your favorite way to celebrate is. Guys can answer too, as I am sure you had/have a Mom in your life. :-) The things I loved most that my children would do for me were personal things like a home made card or gift, or breakfast in bed. I love the thoughtful gestures.

This post linked to  Thursday Two Questions!  Thanks, Amanda for hosting such a fun theme! Thank you for your visit. Take care, God bless and stay healthy, which means have a good laugh every now and then! :-)

SquirrelQueen May 9, 2012 at 10:59 PM

Happy Birthday Judy!
It sounds like you had a great day.

The first thing I noticed about the mat was mom holding a turkey. It looks like dads get to relax and grads look to the future but mom is expected to do all the cooking no matter what.

jen May 10, 2012 at 12:27 AM

i noticed that too... sexist! my favorite way to celebrate mother's day is by going to the spa with my mom.

Cher May 10, 2012 at 2:36 AM

glad you had a wonderful time on your birthday, Judy. same sentiments here. the photo is so "old age" (figuratively). women (mothers) today do more than just cooking.
fave way to celebrate? have a quality time with my children. ;)

Cathy Kennedy May 10, 2012 at 10:12 AM

Hmmm, you know I just didn't make the same connections as everyone else. I think my radar isn't in tune to these old-fashion ways of life as being sexist. It was just the way things were. lol. Now, if this isn't what you're referring to,then I don't have a clue. I wanted to click on the photo to enlarge, but it would let me do it. Pooh! Oh well, Happy Birthday! And, Happy Mother's Day, too! =D

Yesterday. Yesteryear. What I wouldn't give for one more yesterday again!

⊱↫PreciousKD↬⊰ May 10, 2012 at 10:31 AM

It is an interesting place mat, but like everyone else has said..being a woman/mom is more than that..

My favorite thing to do is to just relax with family.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY, AND BELATED BIRTHDAY!

Self Sagacity May 10, 2012 at 12:22 PM

wow, you are spoiled. I think my birthday is fading into the results of years I am with SO.
Happy Birthday!
I noticed, but maybe I am missing something...what are you referring to?
My favorite day to celebrate is vent nights, I love listening to other people logics, and I guess that is why I have this meme. It is very intereting to hear what others do, think - it's a special gift.

Jim May 10, 2012 at 3:30 PM

I'm glad you got out for your birthday, Judy. Happy Birthday.

♪♪Happy Birthday to you,♪♪
♪♪Happy Birthday to you,♪♪
♪♪Happy Birthday Dear Judy,♪♪
♪♪Happy Birthday to you.♪♪

Finely's is the way out from under cooking that turkey. They will do it for Mom instead.

I also noted the five dollar coupon. Was it for your next visit or this one?

What was for Dad? Did they serve beer (not that I would want some)? This guy is drinking on reading his magazine. He may not represent your typical dad.

Jim's Little Blog; Thursday Two Questions (posts)

JamericanSpice May 11, 2012 at 9:16 AM

You deserved to be spoiled :)

Glad you had a wonderful birthday!

Happy Birthday!

I was looking for a spelling error? But if you are speaking about the mom with the big meat, then I guess I see it.

Happy Friday!

•°°• PreciousKD •°°• May 13, 2012 at 7:02 AM

Glad you're spoiled on your birth day, and maybe you'll be spoiled again today on Mother's Day.