Thankful Thursday - Humor

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Humor is effective in making our point, softening the harder edges but making our point without hurting feelings. We have heard "Laughter is the best medicine." but just how much better is it? If you have ever sat down to watch an action movie you know how the fast paced action can have you sitting on the edge of you seat. You will notice who tense your body is once the climax of the movie is over. Now compare this with that of your body language during a comedy. You should be able to feel a visible and physical difference. It turns out that laughter is even better than we thought. Chan Lee Peng just finished an article about what the studies have found out. Thanks, Chan!

1. Do you enjoy a humorous movie or a comedy show on occasion?

2. What is your favorite joke?

This post linked to  Thursday Two Questions!  Thanks, Amanda for hosting such a fun theme! Thanks everyone for your visit. Take care, God bless and stay healthy, which means have a good laugh! :-)

CHAN LEE PENG May 2, 2012 at 11:53 PM

you are right! Laughter can benefit our health.

Self Sagacity May 3, 2012 at 1:34 AM

i will put your link in. thanks for letting me know. not sure why it didn't show, it should be there now. tested. :-)

Icy BC May 3, 2012 at 6:00 AM

1) I like light humor and comedy shows. It is fun to see.

2) I can't remember any joke at the moment; there are too many but love the kids' jokes when they try to make one.

Cathy Kennedy May 3, 2012 at 6:04 AM

I enjoy both comedies and action/adventure movies, but I try to make a point to see at least one comedy each night on the weekend if we have time to watch more than one movie. I love to laugh out loud!

Favorite joke? Hmmm, none really come to mind at the moment. I like good clean humor for the most part. It'll be interesting to read what others say on this question.

The Impostor X

Jim May 3, 2012 at 2:30 PM

Hi Judy ~~ I laugh and laugh at the commedy movies. So loud people with me are sometimes embarrassed.

I don't really have a favorite joke because I don't remember a whole lot of them. Then when I'm teaching a class or something they will come to me when appropriate. I often stick the title (at least that much) of one or more in my lesson plans.

I don't like St. Peter jokes that tell about being good or bad or so-so as the criteria for St. Peter to let one into heaven. That isn't the way (Google that).

Jim May 3, 2012 at 3:11 PM

Hi again, Judy ~~ Just dropped in to mention that my "Thursday Two Questions" post is here:
Jim's Little Blog; Thursday Things in a Row posts

JamericanSpice May 3, 2012 at 3:34 PM

Very nice post about the comparison of how the body reacts with different situations.

I agree about the laughter. I wish I laughed more.

1 I do enjoy a humourous movie. I can think even now of that movie with Adam Sandler Anger Management. It just makes me laugh.

2. LOL I'm not sure I have a favorite joke. I like new ones. But if someone ask me to tell them a joke, I'd say: "This one time, at band camp.....:

and trail off :)

Self Sagacity May 3, 2012 at 6:17 PM

Hello Judy. I love a good humorous show. I like How I Met Your Mother, it's sort of like Friends. I actually think I learned not to take things so seriously and twisting tough things into humor. I think you are right about the body being tense in a movie.
I am watching lost now when I can, but it does have a much differnt effect than the funny shows. Thanks for bringing that up, I will have to make a point to look for humor and pleasant movies rather than drama and tensity.

Anne Lyken-Garner May 5, 2012 at 12:18 PM

I love both, Judy. I love the scare and I love to laugh. My favourite joke is: Knock, knock. Who's there? Interrupting sheep. Interrupting sh..Baaa! (You say baa right when the person is in the middle of saying 'interrupting sheep - who?)

Not many people find it funny, but my 10 year old and I have a lot of fun doing it to each other time and time again. We use all kinds of other animals too.

zongrik May 8, 2012 at 4:44 PM

yes, i like humor

don quixote limerick

SquirrelQueen May 9, 2012 at 11:08 PM

I agree that laughter is good for us, anything that lightens our spirits has got to be healthy. While I am a fan of action movies and thrillers I do like a good comedy once in awhile.

Why did the blonde get fired from the M&M factory? She kept throwing away the W's.

I know it's lame but it's the only one I can remember.