Red Admiral Butterfly and Lilacs

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Red Admiral butterfly on lilacs.

Red Admiral butterfly on lilacs

Red Admiral butterfly on lilacs

Red Admiral butterfly on lilacs

Red Admiral butterfly on lilacs Mosaic

Click on the pictures to see them up close. This post linked to  Macro Monday, and Mosaic Monday! Thank you for your visit, take care, stay healthy and God bless!

Cher April 23, 2012 at 12:03 AM

what a beautiful flower and butterfly!!! have a great week ahead, Judy!

Anne Lyken-Garner April 23, 2012 at 6:38 AM

The butterflies simply love lilacs, Judy.In our old garden, we had this most amazing lilac bush and the butterflies used to practically live there.

Great shots.

Stephanie April 23, 2012 at 8:24 AM

The closeup of the butterfly on the flower is so beautiful. I love the bit of orange with the lilac - so dramatic.

Jan n Jer April 23, 2012 at 8:42 AM

Very nice mosiac. Lilacs are one of my fave spring flowers!

Lavender Cottage April 23, 2012 at 9:14 AM

I wish our lilacs were open now, the red admiral butterflies do not have much to choose from for sap and nectar.
Good photos.

Naturegirl April 23, 2012 at 1:07 PM

Judy how blessed you are to have lilacs and butterflys! In my world it is CoLd..40F Brrrrr! No April showers,,buds are hiding their faces,,me too..staying indoors!

JamericanSpice April 25, 2012 at 11:11 PM

Gosh so pretty. Everytime I see flowers, I wished I had a flower garden. Maybe I can just sprinkle seeds.

Self Sagacity April 26, 2012 at 2:25 PM

I would love to grow these. They are gorgeous.

Pieces of Sunshine April 26, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Beautiful butterfly and flowers. A delight to watch for sure.

Thanks for your encouraging comments re RedBubble. Just yesterday I received an order of my own cards and a couple of my blogging friends' cards. I am delighted with the quality, superior as you said. I can sell/buy with confidence now. I have only made one sale, a set of 10 cards bought by a blog friend in the US. It's a good experience and a great way to order my own cards. I may look into buying in at discount and reselling them locally.

Thanks of revisiting,
Karen

SquirrelQueen May 9, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Gorgeous blooms on those lilacs and I love your shots of the Red Admiral. Your lilacs get far more interesting visitors than mine do.