Thankful Thursday - Celebrations

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Remember the song that starts out "Celebrate good times. Come on.  Celebrate..." We had family, a beautiful sunny day, friends, a water slide, a bubble machine, games and lots of wonderful food. My camera, for some unknown reason kept locking up, but I did get some nice pictures. I was persistent, very persistent, as I love to look back at the photos later. It's like reliving the event. I treasure photos more so than gifts. Hats off to Ruby and Aaron for planning such a fun event.

1.) How about you? Do your photos mean a lot to you?

2.) What is your favorite way to celebrate?

How ever you celebrate, I hope you have many wonderful events to celebrate. Please visit Amanda's blog to join in a celebration of conversation :-) @ Two Questions Thursday.

Thank you for your visit. Take care, stay health and God bless!

Salitype March 7, 2012 at 11:57 PM

I enjoy family photos just like you do. Celebration won't be complete without picture taking !

I love that bubble photo and the girls too, they are so cute !

Chay

Cher March 8, 2012 at 1:30 AM

photos are very precious to us specially the ones with our family. we normally prefer to have an intimate family celebration. hubby is a bit anti-social in a good way. :)

Jim March 8, 2012 at 1:51 AM

Hi Judy ~~ The kids look like they are having a good time celebrating.

1.) Photos mean a lot to me. Unfortunately most all of our pre-1979 pictures where ruined when our home flooded by Tropical Storm Claudette.

2.) Ice cream and cake make for a good celebration. Pizza at a pizza parlor works pretty good too for work situations (birthdays, retirement, resigning, etc). Some of those get too heavy on the drinking for work affairs though. For driving back to work too!

Icy BC March 8, 2012 at 5:29 AM

My camera is my treasure, and my photos are my keepsakes.

I like simple get together like yours, and everyone be themselves having fun and laughing.

The bubble photo is awesome, Judy!

Anne Lyken-Garner March 8, 2012 at 8:07 AM

I enjoy photos, but I have a feeling they don't mean as much to me as they do to others.
I have a vivid memory for events. I can't remember names, but I always remember what happened - even from when I was a child. I suppose this gift means that I can conjure up memories and don't need pictures that much.

Lovely family pictures. I love your bubbles. I may have to borrow the pic some time.

Self Sagacity March 8, 2012 at 12:30 PM

Not only my phots mean a lot to me, but they are treasures. It is hard to even delete ones that didn't come out good. lol
I like to celebrat every Friday, when there is no work for the weekend. I think it is absolutely necessary to stay sane between work and life...so vent nights are usually my favorite nights.

LindyLouMac in Italy March 8, 2012 at 12:42 PM

I just adore the bubble photo!

Cathy Kennedy March 9, 2012 at 12:32 PM

Photos are like beautiful walks through time. I love strolling through the years as I stare long at each picture remembering.

Oh I don't know. Celebrations are done differently for the occasions. I love the picture of the bubble that you captured. Really a great shot!

JamericanSpice March 9, 2012 at 2:32 PM

I'm glad you had a wonderful time with your family.

1. My photos mean alot too. Right now I get to show the little one how she was as a baby because she tells me she doesn't remember when she was a baby :)

2. I like to celebrate with music :)

Have a great weekend!

SquirrelQueen March 13, 2012 at 2:09 AM

The girls have such beautiful smiles.

I look at photos as a way to revive memories. I treasure my family photos. The everyday photos I take probably aren't as important but I still have trouble deleting them.

It depends on the occasion. Hubs and I like to plan getaways for some of our special events.

forgetmenot March 15, 2012 at 11:06 PM

We should celebrate everyday--life is a great event! Pretty bubbles. Mickie :)