Thankful Thursday - Impossibility

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

I'm browsing through a book called "The Power for True Success"  written by the Institute in Basic Life Principles. When I read the title on one of the pages "The "Secret" of Character Building - Knowing it is Impossible!" I was dumbfounded. Wait a minute, haven't we been taught that nothing is impossible; that we should not use the word "can't"? Aren't we supposed to believe that we can pierce that "glass ceiling" and we can accomplish the not yet accomplished? I want someone to tell me how I can reach new goals. I have been told already to stay in my place by some, and encouraged by others that we no longer have to be governed by these boundaries.

I am puzzled!

So I read further. We are reminded that keeping God's commandments is impossible but Deuteronomy 18:13 advises us to be perfect. What? Me perfect? Now that is impossible.

But when we strive for perfection, when we seek out the impossible, who can we draw upon, but God? Is there anyone else who never fails? It is impossible for God to fail. Jesus did not calm the storm until the disciples called on him. The storm was there before. Jesus was there, but the answer did not come until the request was made.

1. Are you comfortable with who you are? I think I am a work in progress. I sincerely hope in all humility that God will help me be a better me.

2. Are their goals you are striving for? To be a better me and if I can become debt free along the way that would be awesome. :-)

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I truly appreciate Amanda for sponsoring this theme and she has a thought provoking post today. Make sure you stop by and visit her. Take care, stay healthy and God bless.

Jim February 29, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Hi Judy ~~ You ARE hard working. And thinking hard too! The book you are reading is pretty tough stuff.

I like your questions:
1. Are you comfortable with who you are? I too think I am a work in progress. But I am content to be a grunt worker for the Lord and will be satisfied if He quits working on me.

2. Are their goals you are striving for? Yes, simple, short term goals. Like get my office straight again. Or work on shortening my travel bucket list. Such as:
a. I have scratched the South Pole and now will be satisfied with Anartica.
b. We should be in Portugal in a few months.
c. I many never finish writing any of the three books I had in mind.
d. Golf may have to leave my life because of this year's medical situations.
Those are 'typical' but really I have done everything I need or really have wanted to do in life. It could stop now and I wouldn't complain.

Cher March 1, 2012 at 12:58 AM

i also consider myself a work in progress. i pray everyday that God help me to be a better person, parent, wife, daughter...

goals? hmmmn, to purchase a house of our own here in Sg. it sucks to waste so much money for renting a flat.

ps.
please email me your email contact, contact name and blog address at chersc29@gmail.com if you are interested. a direct advertiser who works for few clients asked me to refer friends with PR2 blog and willing to write paid posts.

take care and Godbless.

SquirrelQueen March 1, 2012 at 3:36 AM

I am comfortable with who I have become but I know there is always room for growth and improvement.

I love your list Judy, all very practical. It sounds kind of like mine except for the golf, not on my list.

SquirrelQueen March 1, 2012 at 3:39 AM

I meant to say Jim's list! It's getting late here and time for bed.

Icy BC March 1, 2012 at 6:59 AM

1) I'm comfortable in my own skin, but still need to improve always and constantly.

2) Yes, there are goals that I'd like to accomplish in the financial department, but you know, I should just be humble and thank God for all that he has providing right now. In this way, I won't be ungrateful to his mercy!

Cathy Kennedy March 1, 2012 at 11:35 AM

I'm comfortable with who I am, too. Naturally, we all can benefit from continued improvement throughout our lives and I certainly hope I can do this as I go.

Yes, all the time. I think we all need goals to work toward. This gives us purpose and a will to keep going when life throws us a curve.

Good questions!

Self Sagacity March 1, 2012 at 11:52 AM

I am very comfortable with who I am. There are times when I wish I was more of something- yet I know that if I had the choice, I would be exactly me. :-)
I have many goals, everyday, I am looking to self improve, learn. Do more for my kids and make sure I open the opportunities for them.

Self Sagacity March 1, 2012 at 11:55 AM

I like what you did with your blog here. The positives that I see are:1) Your about me, not sure if it was there, but just noticed it.
2) latest content at Triond.. It's very smart to have a list here as (I)we don't have time to jump everywhere on the net, yet I still like to read your work...this is easy access and it allows me to stay updated.
3) Same with your E-infopages.com

How To Build Confidence March 2, 2012 at 4:50 AM

I'm made perfect by the blood of Christ. If I live for Him, his blood continually cleanses me. So, yes I'm perfection in the making - but only through Christ.

I've signed out of Blogger and signed in with my confidence blog. I've written so much about this subject there I just wanted to share it here.

☆☆Mumsy March 2, 2012 at 4:07 PM

1) On most day, I'm comfortable with who I have become, but on other days, I doubt my existence.

2) There are always goals to strive for, such as health, wealth, and happiness.

JamericanSpice March 2, 2012 at 4:45 PM

I'll have to search this book on e

1. I'm not always comfortable with who I am. I think it's getting better as I get older. Maybe it's wisdom for the age that comes with experience. And there are things I want to change about me that I know can only come with God's pruning.

2. Yes. Both physical and spiritual goals. Always learning and trying to inspire myself to be better and to change for better instead of falling back into resentment and anger at things and people i can't control.

Have a great weekend!