Reflections of Love

Saturday, January 14, 2012

It's wonderful when we see reflections of something natural and beautiful.

But what about when we are the recipient of hateful words or deeds...

Do we reflect that back or do we do as Jesus did and reflect love? The night before Jesus was to be crucified he bent in love, loosed the sandals of the disciples and washed their feet. He knew He would be betrayed shortly and not one of His disciples would stand with Him as he faced torture and death, but He reflected love.  It's easy to reflect what is in front of us, but how about reflecting what is within us?

This post linked to Weekend reflection. Thanks so much for visiting. Take care, stay healthy and God bless!

Icy BC January 15, 2012 at 2:25 AM

Your words are my Sunday's contemplation! Beautiful photos, Judy!

Judy SheldonWalker January 15, 2012 at 9:23 AM

Icy, love and blessings today and always!

JamericanSpice January 16, 2012 at 5:03 PM

I notice how easy it is to reflect back what's given to us, but it's always such a feat to choose to do otherwise.
Sometimes I can do it and sometimes I can't.
But with God's help I always try and ask forgiveness and also apologize when necessary.

Love this sharing you do.

Cher January 17, 2012 at 1:09 AM

"how about reflecting what is within us?"

something to meditate about. bless your good heart always...

Anne Lyken-Garner January 17, 2012 at 7:10 AM

Amen, Judy. I couldn't have said it better myself. It should be easier to reflect what's within.

。♥ Smareis ♥。 January 17, 2012 at 9:30 AM

É fácil refletir o que está na frente de nós, mas dificil e refletir o que vai dentro dos nossos corações.

Adorei conhecer seu blog de reflexão, também já estou seguindo e te convido a conhecer meu blog e seguir- se gostares. Que o ano de 2012 seja de muitas maravilha na sua vida.
Abraço!

。♥ Smareis ♥。 January 17, 2012 at 8:15 PM

Oi Judy , fiquei feliz com a sua presença no meu blog, e gostei demais do seu blog embora ser em ingles o google traduz para português, gosto de reflexões... Aqui tudo é muito bonito. Parabéns. Obrigada pela presença no meu blog. Um abraço. Fica com Deus!

Judy SheldonWalker January 17, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Jamerican Spice, even a window can reflect back what is before it. I have such a problem with that one, but I am trying to let God shine thru me instead.

Cher, Anne, greater is He that is within us...

Smareis, thanks so much for visiting.
Using an online translator I found a rough interpretation (for Brazilian Spanish to English) of your lovely comment and thank you.

"It is easy to reflect the one is at the front of us , but difficult to reflect the one who is inside our hearts. I adored know your blog of reflection , also already I am the next & to be invited the know meu blog & ensue if like. What the year of 2012 he may be of many marvel in its life. I hug on.

Powered by WordTran/NeuroTran (R)

If anyone can clarify this, I would truly appreciate it.

Thanks and God bless!

kulasa January 18, 2012 at 12:31 AM

You have such a good heart, thank you so much for this reminder to always strive to walk the path of Christ...

SquirrelQueen January 22, 2012 at 7:45 PM

Beautiful post! It is easy for most of us to reflect back the good thoughts but hateful words are difficult. That's when our inner light has to shine its brightest.