Thankful Thursday - Tradition

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas eve was very lovely. I got to see most my huge family, and my youngest daughter and her husband made a simply delightful dinner.They did an amazing job. Aaron (s-i-l) led the family in a beautiful prayer, the children played and entertained and family drifted in (mostly in) and out for the evening. Ruby, my daughter, had the children dressed up in their Sunday best, which truly added to the festive spirit and maybe even improved their behavior. :-) L`Mear and L`Mirrah, who are their twins, were dancing when we arrived and nicely obliged me in allowing me to photograph them.

They will soon be 6.

1.Do you think they will be embarrassed by this picture in 10 to 15 years? I thought they were cute.

I used to take pictures of my children when they were babies. The pictures were of them nude after a bath, and they were lying on their tummies. A couple of them were upset when they saw them. I think they are cute! In fact maybe I should go browsing to see if they are still there. Some of my pictures have mysteriously disappeared. hmm

2. Did your parents save embarrassing pictures of you as a child?

This post linked to Thursday Two Questions. Join Amanda and find out what all the buzz is about. Thanks for visiting me today. Take care, stay healthy and God bless.

Poetic Shutterbug December 29, 2011 at 12:07 AM

They are adorable.

1. I think the older they get the more they will appreciate the photos.

2. Yes my parents saved many embarrassing photos of me but I have all of them now so they are under my watchful eyes :)

Salitype December 29, 2011 at 12:20 AM

The two kids are just adorable! I am pretty sure they will like this picture if they see this 10 to 15 years from now !

Self Sagacity December 29, 2011 at 12:50 AM

That photo is precious, I don't think there is anything to be embarrassed about. Thank goodness they weren't into taking photos. Don't ask me what happened.
The photos they took was taken by professionals, where we had to dress up, so I am safe from embarrassing moments. smiles.

Happy New Year Judy, thanks for playing TTQ.

Icy BC December 29, 2011 at 10:23 AM

They are beautiful, loving siblings, and a precious moment, Judy.

I don't think my parents have many embarrass photos of us.

Jenny December 29, 2011 at 12:43 PM

Such a beautiful picture.

Of course they'll be blushing over the picture. It's what kids do as they grow up. I say, 'hide the cute pictures' until they're old enough to appreciate them - ha!

It sounds like your holidays were lovely. I hope they continue to be Merry and Bright!

SquirrelQueen December 30, 2011 at 2:40 AM

I would say if they saw it ten years from now they might be embarrassed but add another ten years and they will think it's cute too.

Oh yes, there were lots of bathtub shots and one on the fur rug with me on my tummy.

Tatjana Parkacheva December 30, 2011 at 2:47 AM

They are adorable.
Beautiful photo.

I wish all the best to you and your beloved ones in the New Year.
Much health, happiness, love and of course many wonderful photographs :)

JamericanSpice December 31, 2011 at 7:38 AM

I'm so glad you had a wonderful family time together during Christmas.

1. The twins are adorable and hopefully they'll cherish that photo!

2. I don't have photographs of when I was a child. Quite sad.

I wish you a Happy New Year!

Judy SheldonWalker December 31, 2011 at 7:53 AM

Thank you for all the warm responses to this post. I will be visiting shortly but wanted to wish each and every one of you a happy, healthy and blessed New Year!

Anne Lyken-Garner January 1, 2012 at 11:03 AM

My daughter who's just turned 14 asked me to get rid of a picture I took of her as a toddler. She's wearing a long tee shirt with no pants. You can't see anything at all, but she's convinced it's embarrassing.

Your grands are sooo sweet. Happy new year.

Heaven January 2, 2012 at 8:57 PM

Adorable pictures ~ thanks for sharing your lovely holiday moments... no matter though, our children will get embarassed by our pictures (I know my kids are ) ~

Wishing you a Happy New Year ~

Leovi January 3, 2012 at 12:56 PM

Oh ... it's fun, very sweet, a perfect dance partner.