Letter from God to Women

Saturday, December 3, 2011

This post linked to Shadow Shot Sunday.

Are you like me in that there are times when you feel painfully inadequate in achieving what it is you would like to do or being what you would like to be?

Someone sent me an email message years ago when I was experiencing some of these very feelings and I printed it and saved it because it touched my heart. I hope you will let me share it with you. You each en-body some very special qualities and perhaps you haven't taken time lately to take stock of them?

This letter is "from God and written" with women in mind. Note -I have not seen God write this letter, but the words are loving and encouraging just like I would imagine His would be:

When I created the heavens and the earth, I spoke them into being.
When I created man, I formed him and breathed life into his nostrils.
But you, woman, I fashioned after I breathed the life into man because your nostrils are too delicate.

I allowed a deep sleep to come over him so I could patiently and perfectly fashion you.

Man was put to sleep so that he could not interfere with the creativity.

From one bone, I fashioned you. I chose the bone that protects man's life. I chose the rib, which protects man's life, which protects his heart and lungs and supports him, as you are meant to do. Around this bone, I shaped you...
I modeled you. I created you perfectly and beautifully.
Your characteristics are as the rib, strong yet delicate and fragile.

The rib cage will allow itself to be broken before it will allow damage to the heart. Support man as the rib cage supports the body.

You were not taken from his feet, to be under him, nor were you taken from his head, to be above him. You were taken from his side, to stand beside him and be held close to his side.

You are my perfect angel...You are my beautiful little girl.

You have grown to be a splendid woman of excellence, and my eyes fill when I see the virtues in your heart. Your eyes...don't change them. Your lips; how lovely when they part in prayer. Your nose so perfect in form. Your hands so gentle to touch. I've caressed your face in your deepest sleep. I've held your heart close to mine. Of all the lives that breathe you are the most like me.

Adam walked with me in the cool of the day, yet he was lonely. He could not see me or touch me. He could only feel me. So everything I wanted Adam to share and experience with me, I fashioned in you; my holiness, my strength, my purity, my love, my protection and support.

You are special because you are an extension of me. Man represents my image, woman my emotions. Together, you represent the totality of God.

So man....treat women well, love her, respect her, for she is fragile.

Please share this with your women friends and family that they may know they are blessed by God and with your male friends so that they may realize the gift God has shared with them.

Thank you for your visit today. Take care and God bless!

Gemma Wiseman December 3, 2011 at 4:17 PM

Beautiful lighting on the church brickwork! Especially love the round blue stained glass with the interesting designs!

Icy BC December 3, 2011 at 6:07 PM

Beautiful photos of the church, but the letter you share is fantastic, touching, and wonderful, Judy!

Angelgirlpj December 3, 2011 at 7:51 PM

Yes the pictures are fantastic and the letter truly makes a person think. "You are special because you are an extension of me." How luck are we that God cares this much.

LV December 3, 2011 at 8:06 PM

You shared some great shadows on the church. The cross one is very pretty. A wonderful and inspiring letter. Never read that before.

♥~Judy~♥ December 3, 2011 at 8:42 PM

Gemma, I thought the windows and brickwork were pretty too.

Icy, and Angelgirlpj, we are special,& yes God cares.

Kelly December 3, 2011 at 9:31 PM

I love the stained glass in the round windows. Stained glass is so beautiful.

SquirrelQueen December 3, 2011 at 11:16 PM

Those windows are gorgeous. I really like the blue against the brickwork.

chubskulit December 4, 2011 at 12:47 AM

Lovely cross shadow Judy!

forgetmenot December 4, 2011 at 1:28 PM

Judy, Such a lovely "letter" - good thoughts said in a beautiful way. I love the cross and shadow--well done! Have a lovely week, and know that you are "important and of great value and worth to the world". Mickie :

Anonymous December 5, 2011 at 3:31 AM

I am always blessed when I come for a visit to your posts. Goodselfme

Anne Lyken-Garner December 7, 2011 at 8:02 AM

Beautiful. I think it should also be shared with men because sometimes they forget...

Self Sagacity December 10, 2011 at 10:38 PM

I think if a man believes in God then he will appreciate this very post and consider women as his gift. Otherwise, it is like talking to a wall...

Self Sagacity December 10, 2011 at 10:38 PM

Cher December 11, 2011 at 10:04 PM

thank you so much for sharing us the letter,Judy! here's what touched me most:
"I modeled you. I created you perfectly and beautifully.
Your characteristics are as the rib, strong yet delicate and fragile.
You provide protection for the most delicate organ in man, his heart. His heart is the center of his being; his lungs hold the breath of life."
we are indeed strong yet delicate and fragile. can't wait to share this with my friends. :)

♥~Judy~♥ December 11, 2011 at 10:12 PM

Cher, God loves us so much and you can see it when you see the qualities of the special women in your life, and you are one of the special women in mine. God bless!