Thankful Thursday - Happy Events

Friday, November 25, 2011

If we do not take all our accumulated time off by a certain time of year we lose it then we begin to rebuild next year. They pay us for 75% of it but to my way of thinking, that is a loss, so I asked for vacation time and was fortunate enough to get it!

Chris and Mari purchased their wedding license last week and I had truly hoped they would get married this week. The appointment book was full all week, but Chris left them a message to please call him if anything became available.  When they called we were forced to rush around  so we could take the the time slot which just became available. He had not had a chance to get his hair cut so he advised me not to post his pic on Facebook. He is very funny about that, but this is not Facebook, right? He gets his haircut nearly every month because it grows so fast!

She laid her cell phone on the bannister on speaker so that her mother could hear the vows as they were recited. Her work is slow in New York so she could not afford to come but when money becomes a little less tight they plan on traveling to New York so they can have the big wedding of her and her family's dreams. I am just so glad that I got to be a part of this one.

I am so blesssed in that from the moment I met Mari I knew she was right for my son, and when I see the way he is with her and the adoration in his eyes and hers, my heart does flip flops. They first met on November 27th. Some say it is too soon.

1. Do you think a long engagement is important?

2. What advice would you give the newlyweds?

This post linked to Thursday Two Questions. Amanda's back. I missed her last week! how about you? Can I stick last week's post in there too? :-)

Thanks for visiting me. Take care and God bless!

Cher November 25, 2011 at 1:17 AM

Congratulations! Lol on posting the photo here. Great excuse eh? Haha!

Long engagements doesn't guarantee lasting marriage.

Advise? Nah, i'm no expert but just keep the love burning and be friends more than lovers. :)

♥~Judy~♥ November 25, 2011 at 1:20 AM

Cher, thanks for your great advice.

CHAN LEE PENG November 25, 2011 at 1:49 AM

True heart is more important than anything...

SquirrelQueen November 25, 2011 at 2:28 AM

I'm glad to hear you had time off and got to be part of the wedding.

If they met a year ago I don't see that it's too soon. I think the length of the engagement depends on the individuals.

Keep the friendship going along with the marriage. My hubby, and best friend, and I just celebrated our 18th.

Self Sagacity November 25, 2011 at 7:16 AM

It doesn't look like I am doing a good job at keeping up with the top commenters. Got to catch up. Thanks for the patience. :-)
I think a year is long enough. People change constantly and it doesn't really matter how long you give them trial, what you see is about 70 percent of what you're going to get.

Icy BC November 25, 2011 at 7:26 AM

Congratulation to Chris and Mari!

1) I don't think a long engagement is necessary. It is their love and respect for each other that count.

2) If my children get married, I would say "don't take each other for granted and accept one another for who they are."

goodselfme November 25, 2011 at 1:06 PM

They both know they love each other, now God will give his blessing unless he already has. Congratulations and many long years together-forever!

Genie November 25, 2011 at 5:52 PM

Happy Wedding Day...know you were thrilled to death for your son...and his hair looks kist fine to me. We son’t tell him is is on the blog. That will be our secret. My advice...always respect each other and listen to one another...a wee bit of advice from a 72 year old. Wishing them many years of happiness...genie

LindyLouMac in Italy November 26, 2011 at 9:03 AM

Hi Judy, I am playing catch up after the olive harvest! There was certainly lots to read and enjoy here and what a surprise to read of your son's marriage. Warmest Congratulations.

Linda O'Connell November 26, 2011 at 12:34 PM

Judy, thanks for your comment on my blog. I love yours! My advice to newlyweds is to appreciate the little things, every single day, sowh appreciation.

JamericanSpice November 27, 2011 at 2:50 AM

Awww wow. Congratulations to your son and daughter!

I think a long engagement is a very good idea. Because people take awhile to be themselves around other people and when the real person eventually shows up, then you'll know if you'll be able to carry on after the love fuzzies are gone.

2. Advice: When you angry. Allow for time to be calm, no matter how long, give yourself a day or two before making any decisions at all.

Congrats again!