Forsythia Leaves

Saturday, November 19, 2011

My dear friend, Jeannie came over the other day and wanted to see my forsythia bush. I told her that it had grown so much since I last pruned it a few months back that it followed me into my front door when I was talking on my cell with her one night. She laughed and said she had to come and see this amazing bush.

Well once she and I finished this bush, she whacked and I stacked, it was just a fraction of the size it once was. As I stacked the cut limbs in the wood pile out back, I saw one tiny limb with some pretty variegated leaves and rescued just it from the pile. I placed it in a vase and found out the vase had not been waterproofed so I had a puddle and two fallen leaves. I took the two leaves and placed them on a beveled mirror. I examined the colors blended from a light lime green to a bright purple...Isn't God amazing? The leaves were as pretty as the flowers once were on these bushes! BTW I did get up the puddle.:-)

This post linked to Weekend Reflection. Thank you for your visit. Take care, stay healthy and God bless!

CHAN LEE PENG November 19, 2011 at 11:36 PM

it looks pretty. You've a beautiful bloom here.

beyond wandering November 20, 2011 at 8:40 AM

You can other shadow as well, Judy, very pretty!

TheChieftess November 20, 2011 at 2:50 PM

Lovely photos!

Anne Lyken-Garner November 22, 2011 at 9:07 AM

They ARE pretty. I wonder sometimes if I take enough time out to notice all the beauty God's blessed me with. My kids, my family, my home, my garden, my life and friends. I think I should stop and take more time out to see and appreciate all these simple things He's shown me in nature - things which are a small reflection of Himself.

forgetmenot November 24, 2011 at 9:11 AM

Judy, Thanks for all your nice comments. Just wanted to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving and a year filled with many blessings. Love the leaves--so soft and pretty. Mickie :)

SquirrelQueen November 25, 2011 at 2:32 AM

How pretty, the curve of the leaf made a great reflection. I love those colors. I have never noticed the leaves of the forsythia this time of the year.

Self Sagacity November 26, 2011 at 5:26 PM

You know sometimes I get carried away with whacking. My SO looks as if he has a heart attack every time.

JamericanSpice November 27, 2011 at 2:54 AM

It's amazing the things we can find out , just by getting involved in life.

It's pretty!