Why You Shouldn't Vacuum

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Brought to you by your friends at http://www.thesteamteam.com/.

It took my getting a job as a sales person for a cleaning system to realize how actually worthless most vacuum cleaners are. While learning how to perform our demo we would compare our system against the top name vacuum cleaners, but once in the field we would demonstrate against whatever it was the household was using at the time. We would vacuum an area of the carpeting several times then repeat with our cleaning system afterwards.

Vacuums are notorious for leaving dirt behind.

Every time we went behind their vacuum and cleaned the same area the dirt we picked up was amazing. The system worked on a water filtration system and the debris was removed and taken out of the house once the demo was complete.The results were shocking and made believers of almost everyone who witnessed the performance.

While most vacuum cleaners are able to remove an enormous amount of dirt and dust from the home, they leave nearly an equal amount behind and not only that they blow this *nasty stuff into the air as you busily vacuum. Cleaning your home with a vacuum cleaner is like chasing feathers on a windy day. You can never get them all! Vacuum cleaners are just not up to the task.

*This nasty stuff consists of dust mites (possibly scabies), allergens, food particles, pollen, dust, dirt and so forth. If you are lucky enough to live in the vicinity of Austin, TX. there is carpet cleaning in Austin that  uses a water filtration method similar to the one I was taught and it will get your carpet cleaner than you ever imagined possible.

This post linked to Thursday Two Questions. Join the conversation there.  Find out what everyone is talking about.

All of us women are rather particular about something in our home and want it done just right.

1. What is your pet project? I am very picky about many things in my home, for example I insist on putting the dishes away myself because I hate looking for them! Have you noticed how no one else puts things in the right place?

2. Is there something you would prefer someone else do for you? I wish someone would please take out the garbage! :-)

SquirrelQueen October 6, 2011 at 3:42 AM

I figure the vacuum makes the carpets look a little better in between real cleanings.

I am very picky about the laundry, I would rather do it myself than have my whites turned pink or have clothes shrunk to tiny sizes.

I would love to find someone to clean the bathrooms. :(

Icy BC October 6, 2011 at 6:46 AM

1) Oh Judy, folding laundry is one of my fussy project. I have to do it myself since we have a small closet, and everything has to fit in there.

2) I would love for someone to re-organize my house right about now.

Cathy Kennedy October 6, 2011 at 9:18 AM

1. I am not so fussy these days as I once was. I welcome any volunteers to give me a hand with my chores and I try to not say much when things aren't done exactly like I would do it.

2. Yes, the yard work and taking the garbage out. Thankfully, my darling son does both of these jobs quite well.

Come by to read today's post:
Yesterday

Luna Miranda October 6, 2011 at 1:03 PM

one reason i don't like having carpets at home. i still vacuum though because of my dog.

now that i work at home, i'm trying to organize my files, reference books and magazines. it's a daily struggle because i'm just disorganized.:p

i wish someone would clean the bathrooms, too.

Poetic Shutterbug October 6, 2011 at 1:37 PM

1. I have to put things away myself. I like to be organized and I'm the only one that can do it.

2. I HATE doing laundry and I actually do take my laundry to a wash and fold :D

Anne Lyken-Garner October 6, 2011 at 2:01 PM

1. I like to do the laundry, sort out clothes, etc. No one does it right, and the clothes and socks go missing.

2. I'd like someone to take over the ironing. My 10-year old says she would, for her earning job. (they have to earn their pocket money with a set chore). I have to wait until she's 11, and tall enough to reach the ironing board properly.

JamericanSpice October 7, 2011 at 9:18 PM

I've heard about the rainbow system for carpets that uses the water and I would love one.

I figured that vacuuming was just as nasty. This is why Ido not want shoes walking in my home.
And why I sneeze and cough so much after vacuuming.

My pet project is how to do the laundry. dh will throw everything in. yuck. Separate the towels from your dirty socks and jeans.

2. I'd prefer if someone else clean the bathrooms.

Aloha

goodselfme October 12, 2011 at 2:44 PM

Fussy, I am not. My mother was SOOO fussy I adopted the idea not to be! If I could have help doing anything it would be shopping since I dislike that for any item. Have a glorious And wonderful Wednesday! Blessings