Thankful Thursday -Support

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Just recently I was truly moved by the very supportive words that I received from my good friend Amanda, who is also my good friend Icy's sister! She (Amanda) wrote a much nicer excerpt about my blog than I would have written about it myself. I was nearly moved to tears!  Icy loves purple flowers, so the lilacs are for her. :-)

Our blogging community is very supportive. Comments are truly warm and thoughtful or clever and comical. As I busily deleted some spam comments the other day, I ran across some of yours that were very memorable and thought we should put together a meme for memorable comments. Hmmm...

1. What do you think?

Chan has opened his site to allow us to toot someone's horn. We can write about someone we love and admire and post our link and theirs for free. We can write about ourselves or someone else, so either toot your own horn or someone elses!  It gives us an opportunity for free advertisement. (in Chan's words):

"The guest post provides free exposure, free advertising of their blog/website, free traffic, free readership FOREVER...The guest post will also be in the  spotlight in the top header of the site which will be crawled and indexed by the search engines and they will gain unlimited views and clicks and visits of the visitors without paying a penny....it's FREE TRAFFIC AND FREE ADVERTISING..."
I posted one about my dear friend Jeannie and would like to post some more about some of my other friends.  There are so many good things to say about all of you!

2. Would you be interested in supplying a guest post?  If you would, please let me know and I will be more than happy to provide you with more details.

This post is linked to Thursday Two Questions. If you haven't visited there yet, what are you waiting for? The conversation is always warm and lively. Thanks for visiting me today. Take care and God bless!

CHAN LEE PENG September 14, 2011 at 10:41 PM

Yes, we welcome all the guest posts. They will gain long-term benefits of free exposure and forever free advertising of their site (s).

Self Sagacity September 15, 2011 at 12:13 AM

1) that is a great meme name. I think it should work great as long as there are supporters.
2) I would, sounds great. I will put this on the long list of writing assignments. :-)

Self Sagacity September 15, 2011 at 12:17 AM

I completely forgot to mention, it was easy writing about you, for some reason the words flow - it was a good day. Smiles. My sister had introduced me to some very special ladies and I truly had been blessed.

SquirrelQueen September 15, 2011 at 3:57 AM

Judy, it is so easy to say nice things about you. You are one of the sweetest bloggers I know.

That is really nice of Chan to open up his site that way. It is a great way to get traffic.

Maybe this winter, right now I am barely finding time to post and visit everyone.

You said you were busily deleting spam comments, how many are you getting? It is very rare for me to see spam, I can't remember the last time.

Cathy Kennedy September 15, 2011 at 9:45 AM

Judy,
Meme for Memorable Comments...it could be a good hop. I know some I get are very nice and personal,which gives me a real connection with my blogger buddies.

Quest Bloggers? Well, I haven't thought much on this or have I considered doing this myself. It just seems I'm too busy to give it much consideration. What I need to do is get more focused on creating interesting daily posts to tie in with the blog hops I participate in.

Oh well...I just have to work a little harder. =D

goodselfme September 15, 2011 at 6:24 PM

I began writing on Chan's site when he introduced me to it several months ago. Chan and I are writers from other sites and I thought I would help him with his new venture. Turns out I am having such fun and post regularly there. I blog, but don't know how to promote it to others so can't tell you how to get there. Life is full of blessings and wonders to those willing to view them as they come. Judy, you are one of my Sisters in Christ and I love you.

Anne Lyken-Garner September 16, 2011 at 7:45 AM

1. That's a wonderful thing to do for fellow bloggers. 'Memorable comments' certainly hit the spot.

2. You know the history... so the answer is no, I'm afraid.

JamericanSpice September 16, 2011 at 2:15 PM

This sounds like a great idea. I am not sure about the timing for me right now though, but I want o remember this.