Thankful Thursday - Family

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Bless her heart. My daughter, Ruby is RH negative, which means a series of shots, and then she found out she had gestational diabetes. They performed a c-section on the 16th and she obligingly let me take pictures of her and Raaney. Family can be the most patient and impatient with us, but they love us. :-) I love them too! This makes my third grandchild in less than 2 months. It has kept me hopping, but that is nothing compared to what it has done to the parents. I've been crocheting booties and selecting patterns. It is hard to clothe a preemie.

I hope you don't mind if I approach this Thursday Two Questions differently. My brain is tired and I have to leave for work at 6:20 am so Chan furnished me with a question:

There are 4 snakes, 6 frogs and 7 mosquitoes. How many legs do they have?

None, as the frogs eat the mosquitoes and the snakes the frogs.

Please join Amanda at Thursday Two Questions. Thanks for the visit. Take care and God bless.

CHAN LEE PENG September 21, 2011 at 10:17 PM

My best wishes go to the baby.

Brenda H September 21, 2011 at 10:35 PM

Babies are wonderful, congratulations on having another Grandchild. I have no idea how many legs they all have together

SquirrelQueen September 22, 2011 at 2:40 AM

That is the sweetest photo. Sorry to hear about Ruby's problems, I will be keeping her and your new granddaughter (and you too) in my thoughts and prayers. I know you have a lot to do right now Judy but take care of yourself too.

Icy BC September 22, 2011 at 6:03 AM

Congratulation on another grandbaby! She looks very sweet and I love her pose on Ruby!

Cathy Kennedy September 22, 2011 at 9:42 AM

Bawahhhhaaa, funny-funny-funny! =D Okay, it wasn't that funny, but it was amusing and you so got me on it, too! I mean, I was counting the legs in my head when I got to the punch line. Whew doggies, another grandbaby! Congrats on the newest addition to the family. How precious mother and baby look!
~Cathy

Blogger Broadcast September 22, 2011 at 4:27 PM

I am glad to see that the mother and child are both well. Congratulations on being a grandma again. You're blessed with a multiplying family.
It would have been hard to guess the legs anyways, since there are so many types of mosquitos, and this sounds like one of those trick questions. Yet a humorous one so I thank you for the laugher the question brought me.

JamericanSpice September 23, 2011 at 9:28 AM

Thanks for sharing that adorable photo of mom and baby. So glad they are well. Aww I want baby :)

And love the joke :)

Aloha :)

Anne Lyken-Garner September 23, 2011 at 1:50 PM

Ha! Nice one, Judy.

It's wonderful about your grandchild. Blessings! Blessings! You have lots of them.
God bless them both.

Hazelmarie Elliott (Mattie) September 24, 2011 at 2:21 PM

Your daughter went through so much, Judy, but I can see it was all worth it in the end.:) That little one is a precious gift, a beautiful treasure...

Thank you for sharing the picture, and thank you for giving me a smile with your 'braintwister'. Loved both!:)

Much love to all of you,
M.

Anonymous September 26, 2011 at 8:04 AM

Keeping your daughter and grandchild in my prayers... Of course you are always in my thoughts and prayers too! You all take care! Godbless. ~Cher