Thankful Thursday - Neonatal Care

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Baby Faith was born on the 16th. She weighed just 2 lbs. 1 oz. She is a little fighter even though she lost weight and went down to 1 lb. 7 ozs. She now needs open heart surgery. Had she been born when I was, her chances would be greatly diminished. Medical science has come so far. Can you imagine surgery for such a tiny infant?  I pray for her recovery and God's wisdom and hand in (my grandchild) this little one's life.

1. Do you remember a time when medical science with God's help :-) created a miracle? I can. I have other premie grandchildren who were miracles.

2. Have you had any adverse reactions to certain medicines? I am very allergic to Ultram. It causes me to experience difficulty in breathing. My father and sons are allergic to penicillin and break out in hives. Some allergies for some individuals can be life threatening. For others life preserving.

Hey, the party is on at Amanda's. Join in the conversation at Amanda's  Thursday two questions. There is much to talk about. Thanks for visiting me today. Take care and God bless!

BTW - The wall plaque was a gift for Mari from Jeannie for Chris and Mari's new place. I thought it was appropriate as the baby's name is Faith.

Alexa Gates August 31, 2011 at 11:30 PM

Aw!! I hope she pulls through Judy!!

Brenda H September 1, 2011 at 1:42 AM

My prayers are with you, your family, and especially with Faith.

1. I know of a toddler who drowned in a bathtub and was clinically dead, but was revived and now there is no sign that he had drowned. There were millions of prayers said on this boys behalf and the doctors never gave up.

2. Augmentin makes me sick to my stomach and so does hydro-cortisone. I have had to take both and have a hard time when I am on them.

SquirrelQueen September 1, 2011 at 2:06 AM

Judy, I will be keeping Baby Faith in my thoughts and prayers.

My MIL died from ALS. Just recently I read that scientist have found the cause and can now develop a treatment. If that happens so many people can be saved, that would be a miracle to me.

I am highly allergic to penicillin, it can bring on anaphylactic shock.

Self Sagacity September 1, 2011 at 3:03 AM

Congratulations and wow. 2 lbs. Yes I think medical came a long way. I don't think I have had any miracles with medicine, or remember any.
No, I am not allergic to anything, but child birth. lol. Childbirth gives me every lasting reactions...towards my mate. :-)

Icy BC September 1, 2011 at 5:55 AM

I pray that baby Faith is in good hands, and God will watch over her in this difficult and challenging time..I pray for you and the baby's parents too, as it is not easy going through this period of time.

Luna Miranda September 1, 2011 at 6:45 AM

my thoughts and prayers to Baby Faith. yes, medical science has come so far.

my father survived more than 30 stab wounds--even the doctors said it was a miracle he survived.

i had an adverse reaction to clomipramine--i seized 2 hours after taking it. it was really scary. my brother is also allergic to penicillin and i witnessed his first allergic reaction when we were kids. he had hives all over and couldn't breath--i thought he played with an itchy worm. the ER doctor told us later about his allergy and taught us about precautions.

Heavensent1 September 1, 2011 at 10:01 AM

Ohhhh...I'm also sending prayers up for your wee grand lassie and your family~!!

1. I was born dead and after about 10 mins., I was revived...it was a Catholic hospital and the Mother Superior kissed me on my head and said..."For she is surely blessed!"...some days I don't feel like it was a miracle...hehe

2. Oh yea...I'm allergic to EVERYTHING that treats pain, it seems...I'm allergic to the opium based drugs such as...

Gravol
Demerol
Morphine
Talwyn
OxyCotin
Percoset
Percodin
Codeine

I just stick with Ibuprofen, tis the only thing to never give me a reaction...anywhere from hives to funky chicken!

JamericanSpice September 2, 2011 at 1:30 PM

Wow. I pray she'll come through strong. God still works miracles!

Yes I remember the days of medicine mixed with understanding that God will do the rest. These days some docs thinks they are God.

I don't know if I'm allergic to any medicine. I've not been exposed to much , except when I was giving birth.

*hug*

goodselfme September 9, 2011 at 12:46 PM

God keeps watch over us all. Blessings for Faith and those who love her on earth. My heart goes out to those who have a hurtful heart for one so tiny. Miracles happen everyday in our world. Hugs!