Thankful Thursday - Bed :-)

Thursday, July 14, 2011

No, this isn't my bed. I wish :-) But then, if it were I probably wouldn't be sitting down here in the wee hours of the night trying to get my post completed. I would be drifting off to a very satisfying sleep. Look at this bed,  could it be anything else but comfy?!?! And I love that window!

Did you know that not getting enough rest is dangerous to your health?
In fact they have studies which show how cheating yourself from proper rest shortens your life and other studies which indicate there are more auto accidents related to drowsiness than alcohol impairment. Scary stuff! For more read here.

1. How many hours do you require to feel rested? I need at least 8, but seldom get it, so I end up napping or sleeping in on the weekend.

2. What would be your dream bed?

Please join the gab fest at Amanda's. The conversation is always enlightening and lively. Thanks for vising me. Your visit is always appreciated. Take care and God bless! Linked to Thursday Two Questions.

image source

CHAN LEE PENG July 14, 2011 at 12:36 AM

I think, for mine, will be 8 hrs to get better rest.

SquirrelQueen July 14, 2011 at 1:23 AM

Now that is one very cool canopy bed, I love the modern lines.

7 hours seems to be the magic number for me. Normally after 7 hours of sleep I wake up and can't go back to sleep.

I like something with very simple lines but big and fluffy. I don't care for the traditional big head boards and foot boards on beds.

Poetic Shutterbug July 14, 2011 at 2:52 AM

I've heard that not enough rest is dangerous. I sleep about 6 hours per night. Some mornings I feel rested and other I feel as if I need to get right back into bed. As I get older it seems I need less sleep.

My dream bed hmmmm. One that Richard Gere or Brad Pitt is in :D

Luna Miranda July 14, 2011 at 10:12 AM

a 7 to 8-hour sleep is good enough for me. i have this thing called delayed sleep phase disorder (DSPD) so i sleep very late, i wake up very late, too.:p

i love Poetic Shutterbug's dream bed---it's George Clooney for me.*LOL* with an orthopedic mattress.:p

Self Sagacity July 14, 2011 at 2:17 PM

Oh wow, that bed is a dream, and the window to the view- awesome!
I know that sleep is very important, but now I know that it's a must. I better change my lifestyle.
I will take that bed any day.

Icy BC July 14, 2011 at 3:54 PM

I need at least 7 hours of resting or sleeping. My dream bed can be any bed as long as it doesn't hurt my back!

JamericanSpice July 15, 2011 at 1:35 PM

I'm very bad wiht sleep. It's like I'm trying to hang on to the day to so so many things.

I need at least 7/8hrs to feel rested. Most times I get five or four. I usually try to nap when I get short rests at night.

I like that bed too. But anything that helps me to sleep well is great.

aloha!

goodselfme July 24, 2011 at 10:44 PM

I say my nightly prayers and I am asleep sometimes before I say Amen. The bed is lovely. Have a wonderful week my dear sister friend http://goodselfme.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2011-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-08%3A00&updated-max=2012-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-08%3A00&max-results=50