Thankful Thursday - Milestones

Thursday, June 2, 2011

From their first step, their first word, the first day of school...The milestones mean as much to us as to them. These are three of my grandchildren. They all graduated on Friday with honors and awards, and you could not have found a prouder grandmother in the crowd. This is just the beginning!

My two questions:
  1. What advise would you give a graduate on their graduation day?
  2. What kind of gift would you give them?
Thanks Amanda for hosting this great conversation talker. Don't forget to link up at Thursday's Two Questions.

CHAN LEE PENG June 2, 2011 at 12:52 AM

Great pics! Congrats sis!:-)

SquirrelQueen June 2, 2011 at 4:49 AM

Congratulations to all the new graduates.

I would have to say be true to yourself and follow your dreams. The dreams may not come to fulfillment right away but don't stop trying.

As for a gift, I tend to give monetary gift cards like Visa or MC.

Icy BC June 2, 2011 at 6:51 AM

First, a big CONGRATULATION to the graduates.

1) My advice would be take your future further.

2) The gift would be a Money/Visa gift certificate so they can spend on what they want!

Self Sagacity June 2, 2011 at 10:20 AM

Congratulations Judy, three graduates at the same time. What a proud moment!
1) Be all you can be. Experience and appreciate life. Don't procrastinate, life is not waiting for you.
I say that to my kids all the time.
2) When they get to that age, money is it for me. It also depends on what they have been wishing for, I treat it like their BD.

Teresa June 2, 2011 at 2:53 PM

Congratulations grads! It's the beginning of a new chapter in your life. May all be better than you ever anticipated.

1) Listen to all the advice and options. . . then follow your heart.

2) A really great camera is a good gift for graduation. Take pics of all your past friends and heroes, and continue documenting your new life as you move forward.

Anne Lyken-Garner June 2, 2011 at 3:00 PM

1. Definitely to not let it end there. Graduation is just the start.
2. I would probably give them money for a down payment for a flat or a car (if I could afford it). If not, I'd take them on a week-end away as a reward for all the hard work.

Home School Dad June 2, 2011 at 9:17 PM

1) My advice would vary depending on what they were graduating from and how well I knew them. But the advice would be a variation of the theme enjoy the wonder of God's creation, work hard to reach your goals and my old standby cherish this time in your life.

2) If my sage advice was not present enough in itself. I would give a book amagazine subscription or a gift card.

JamericanSpice June 3, 2011 at 4:43 PM

Wow. Congrats to your grand children. Such a blessing to see this phase of their lives.

1. I'd tell a graduate to grab the opportunities and always ask yourself if this is something I want to do and why and then do so you don't have the 'I wish I hads'

2. For a gift, I'd give them an account (if they don't already have one) or pledge to help with the first few months of rent.

Aloha!