Thankful Thursday - Dedication

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

A childhood story tells us of a race between a turtle and a hare. Now if you have ever seen the slow pace of a turtle compared to a rabbit scurrying across a field you would wonder why these two would race. What a joke! The hare could beat the turtle if he went around the lap a few times, but in the tale, the turtle won. He won because he was persistent and dedicated.

This is what I have had to be the last few weeks with blogger. I have waited for over an hour again to see my photos materialize, and yes, I deleted cookies and history. :-) I don't want a photo free blog. That's half the joy of blogging. Anyway, sorry, I got sidetracked. I wanted to share with you a quote from Robert Schuler:

Insecure people
hibernate,
lazy people
luxuriate,
Wounded people
commismerate,
Foolish people
procrastinate,
Wise people
dedicate---
they're do it now people!

Do you think you fall under one of the categories listed? I think I have been each one of them at different times. :-)

What are your tips to balancing yourself or your time to be more dedicated? I just try to be persistent.

Please join the conversation at Amanda's blog. Please don't start without me! Take care and God bless! This post linked to Thursday Two Questions.

LivingSoAbundantly June 8, 2011 at 9:48 PM

I'm sure I have fallen under many of those categories, but the one that I WANT to be under is wise. That takes consistency, which is something I lack at times. One thing that has been helping me to balance my time is to follow the acrostic DONE: Devotions(reading my Bible and praying), One-a-day(taking my vitamins), Nutrition(eating right), and Exercise. If I keep it simple, I can do it. It's when I throw a huge checklist in front of myself that I get overwhelmed and don't accomplish as much. One thing at a time works best for me! Great quote!

SquirrelQueen June 8, 2011 at 10:24 PM

I think most of fall into all of those categories at different times and I am no exception except for lazy. I am one of those people who always has to be doing something, it's just my nature.

I have a bad habit of having too many things going on at one time, I try to manage my time and not get overwhelmed.

Judy, have you updated your browser. When I update Firefox blogger was much faster. It is still slow to load at times but better than before.

Luna Miranda June 9, 2011 at 12:31 AM

i have fallen under all of these categories at one time or the other. i'm in the "lazy" stage right now. *LOL* well, our monsoon rains could make people lazy, it's bed weather everyday for the past 3 days.:p

i balance myself and my time by knowing what my priorities are. then i dedicate my time and energy in meeting deadlines, getting the job done, then relax.:p

DoanLegacy June 9, 2011 at 9:11 AM

Oh yes, I'm guilty for all of those, at least, at one time or another.

Balancing time never works out for me consistently. I just take one day at a time, and do as much as I could!

Self Sagacity June 9, 2011 at 12:36 PM

Sounds like a real human being! haha With the full range of emotions. I have been many of those all at once too. :-)
If one of the first four hits me, then the other three would too. The last one is when I finally wake up.

Thanks for sharing, it came at the right time for me.

JamericanSpice June 9, 2011 at 3:11 PM

Throughout my life I've fallen into each of those categories and more. It does take a renewed look at God's grace to keep me balance so I don't eat my own self :)

Aloha!

☆☆Mumsy June 11, 2011 at 7:57 AM

I am on of those at different time in life. I try to stick to my daily schedule as much as I can to stay in balance, but life is not always like that..So I have to give and take whatever I can.

Tes June 11, 2011 at 9:19 AM

Alas, like most, I have fallen victim to all of those at one point or another. As Amanda said, very human indeed. Thank you for this timely reminder, Judy! I haven't been to your blog for a long while now. Glad to have a chance to pass by. :) Cyah around! :)

Fresh Garden June 12, 2011 at 12:01 PM

Sad, very sad, I think I can fit in all the categories.....

Blogger Broadcast June 20, 2011 at 12:13 AM

Sometimes I like to hibernate just because. I didn't think procrastinate people are foolish, but come to think now, it makes a lot of sense.