Persistence Pays

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

It has been a very busy vacation week. We went to Detroit Metro Airport to pick my son's fiance up who came in from New York. We met Icy, BC Doan and her son Jo Jo near the air port and ate lunch. It was very nice. There was no awkwardness at all. It was like a warm family get together.

We showed Mari the apartment she and Chris (my baby boy) would be sharing and started doing some of the necessary things to set up their home. Chris made her the cutest Minnie Mouse house key which she was delighted to have. Her favorite word since she has been here has been "overwhelmed"! She loves the apartment and has been delighted and delightful with any and every thing we have planned for her since she came.
We have showed her many of the local places to shop and she has even run into a New Yorker who relocated to Michigan. We have visited friends and family and yesterday she visited seven perspective employers. She had mailed resumes to numerous places and filled out online applications before getting here but today she visited just one and heard the wonderful words "We can't wait to work with you. When can you start?" Way to go Mari! We went out to eat with friends to celebrate then I took her to one of my favorite places; the lake. We just may take BB here for his birthday Sunday. What do you think?

She worked so hard
 at helping out
She cooked and cleaned
and went without
She went from place to place
To get hired
And kept going
Tho she was tired
Today she heard the news
We wanted to hear
Glad to have you
Working here
So now we celebrate
with joy
For the future of Mari
And baby boy!

Thanks so much for visiting me today. This post is linked to Watery Wednesday. Take care and God bless.

PS. Persistence pays. :-)

SquirrelQueen June 22, 2011 at 4:54 AM

How thrilling that you got to meet Icy and JoJo, after all this time it would have been like meeting family.

Congrats to Mari on the new job.

Icy BC June 22, 2011 at 7:19 PM

Beautiful shots of the lake, Judy! Though we were short on time, it was nice to finally meet.

Tell Mari congratulation on landing a job so quickly. And tell Chris HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Angelgirlpj June 22, 2011 at 7:30 PM

What great news and what a beautiful setting. It looks like someplace I'd like to visit.

Ruthi June 22, 2011 at 10:30 PM

I am so happy to hear that you and Icy finally met in person. I am so thrilled. I hope someday you and I and yes Icy too will meet in person too. Am happy for your baby boy too. Take care.

♥~Judy~♥ June 22, 2011 at 11:10 PM

Ruthi, I would love to meet you and to see Icy again. I wish we could have a blogger convention. lol

Angelgirl, this is an awesome place to visit. She needed to see something peaceful and tranquil after all the hard work she has put into job hunting, shopping, and house cleaning.

Hazelmarie Elliott (Mattie) June 24, 2011 at 1:28 PM

Judy, these are beautiful pictures you've shared. I loved how everything turned out well - loved the poem. A wonderful post!

Blessings,
M.

Anne Lyken-Garner June 26, 2011 at 2:10 PM

So lovely to hear, Judy. And you've finally met up with Icy. That's so great. I hope one day the 3 of us can all get together.

♥~Judy~♥ June 26, 2011 at 4:32 PM

Anne, that would be awesome. I was thrilled to finally meet Icy and would also be tickled to meet you!

Take care and God bless!

Self Sagacity June 30, 2011 at 10:02 PM

I am glad your son's fiance was so great and persistence. This is the first time I heard of anyone landing a job that fast. Not sure if my last comment went through, but I am so glad you had a chance to meet IcybC. That's really fantastic on both accounts.

Blogger Broadcast July 4, 2011 at 8:11 PM

It's always nice to built such great friendship online. Especially through writing, because you connect through the mental expressions that makes it extra special.