Thankful Thursday - Art

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Ever had a day when everyone was frustrated? All those frustrated individuals chose that day to call and it seemed their calls were mine, their problems mine too. To top that off it rained all day. The day was dismal and gray, but when I headed out the door the gray clouds started to turn white. The sun shone through the clouds giving them an illuminating glow.

I got out at 6 and had something to drop off at Jeannie's so I headed out to her house quickly. I only stayed a moment planning to get a couple water shots at the lake on the way home then post them for Watery Wednesday. I got in and cooked then started downloading the pictures. Blogger is giving me the blues. It was taking forever to download the pictures and then they would not upload to my blog so I went to visit a few blogs and leave comments, then to a few articles and leave comments. After two hours I gave up, shut down the computer and went to bed. Here are the pics that were supposed to be used for Watery Wednesday.

Something about the beauty, tranquility, and stillness of the water...

Sometimes the beauty of what we do outweighs all the obstacles. We lay in the dirt or the wet grass to get a flowery close up, we stand in the cold to snap photos, we deal with slow and tired computers and spam artists....we love our art. :-)

Thanks, Amanda, for inviting us to play!
We need some fun to lighten the way!

1. What is the craziest thing you ever did for art? I crocheted an afghan for my queen size bed. I worked on it daily while taking the subway back and forth to work. Sometimes I crocheted it while hanging on a strap on the subway and being jostled from the Bronx to NY.

2. Would you do it again? I would in a heartbeat, except I no longer ride a subway. :-)

CHAN LEE PENG May 26, 2011 at 12:00 AM

I like your words here:

Life is beautiful when we are still alive!

Thanks, sis!

Poetic Shutterbug May 26, 2011 at 2:17 AM

First beautiful photos. And, I can just picture that going on in the subway :D

1. I once stood in the middle of a busy street to get a shot of the afternoon moon without telephone wires obstructing the view.

@. Would I do it again? hmmm I don't know :)

SquirrelQueen May 26, 2011 at 5:34 AM

Gorgeous watery shots Judy, I like the way you captured the sun on the water.

I haven't had any problems loading photos but comments have been a pain, it's the embedded ones I'm having problems with.

Other than crawling over rocks or standing almost in traffic to get a photo? There was the time I stood on a small airport runway to get a photo of a plane landing (it was coming towards me), I really should post that one.

Heck yeah!

forgetmenot May 26, 2011 at 11:22 AM

Some days are just like that (more than there used to be, I think), but we manage to get through them. The stillness and beauty of that lake surely brought tranquility and peace to your day. Lovely shots. Hope today is better. Mickie :)

Icy BC May 26, 2011 at 7:12 PM

Gorgeous water shots, Judy!

1) The craziest thing I did was lying down on a soccer field for a close up shot of the pink clover flower, while people think that I had a heart attack or something.

2) I would do it again if I see beauty and not hurting anyone.

JamericanSpice May 27, 2011 at 12:01 AM

Beautiful photos!

1. I think I tried to take a photo of a worm. Yuck. I really wanted the details.

2. um maybe :) I can't say yes or no because it all depends on the mood and what the thing is doing and why I might want this photo for this time.

Aloha :)

DoanLegacy May 27, 2011 at 9:15 AM

I don't understand why sometimes in taking a photo we have to go through so much trouble, especially when kids are around, and everything embarrassed them.

I pulled my car on to the side of the road to take pictures of sunset, and everyone thought I was crazy. It was dangerous so I won't do that again!

Stacy Uncorked May 27, 2011 at 4:15 PM

Your photographs are absolutely breathtaking! :)

1. Craziest thing was I lay down in the snow to get a funkier (OK, more artistic) angle of some photographs.

2. Definitely would do it again, even though it was cold and wet! ;)

Have a great weekend! :)

Self Sagacity May 27, 2011 at 11:34 PM

hehe, funny. I made the bedding for Trinity's crib. It turned out very pretty, more than I expected.
no I wouldn't do it again, because I don't want anymore babies. hehe.

Blogger Broadcast May 28, 2011 at 10:46 PM

I would like to stay away from anything that requires me to have inventory.
I am so frighten about being cluttered and messy,

Chesney May 30, 2011 at 9:26 AM

These lake images are so beautiful and calming! Makes me wish I were there right NOW!

Thanks for your kind comments on my blog...it is most appreciated! :)