My Sanity Break

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

On a quiet little bridge stretched across a narrow little road between a couple factories I found this flowering tree. Now had I not been in pursuit of more water shots I would not have stopped...

Although hubby fusses, I have a compulsion to stop in out of way places and explore nature. It's like a sanity break. :-) Perhaps he's right, perhaps not... What do you think?

I believe a wife should be submissive to her husband, but a husband should be submissive too. If we two are to be one there needs to be compromise. Do you find compromise necessary and useful in your relationship?

Please visit Amanda at Self Sagacity. She is sponsoring Two Questions and it is a great conversation starter.

Thanks for visiting, take care and God bless!

SweetMemoirs May 11, 2011 at 11:22 PM

sanity break indeed. John Burroughs was quoted saying "I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order." :)
hmmmmn, i agree. compromise is a must in a relationship...
thanks for the visit and great compliments. Blessed Thursday! ;)

Poetic Shutterbug May 12, 2011 at 12:05 AM

Compromise is one of the most important aspects in any relationship.

Yes, for me, like you, it is a source of inspiration and something I have to do.

Boonie S May 12, 2011 at 9:31 AM

I love the flowers.
I believe in compromise, especially when others make it….. But more seriously, I believe that there are many components to a fulfilling relationship, the most important of which is being decent people in the first place.

Have a nice day, Boonie

Icy BC May 12, 2011 at 11:23 AM

1) It's absolutely a needed break to spend a little time in nature.

2) Yes, compromise is very important in all relationship. A little yours, and a little bit mine go along way.

NC Sue May 12, 2011 at 2:02 PM

I’m a new follower with a page on my site that lists more than 150 hops for each day of the week. Check under the header for the link to that page.
I hope you’ll visit me soon and follow back!
NCSue

SquirrelQueen May 12, 2011 at 4:16 PM

Exploring nature is one of the most relaxing activities I know, a great sanity break.

I believe marriage is a partnership with both giving and getting equally. Open discussions and compromise are just part of the process. Sorry but I don't think any person should ever be submissive to another.

Kala May 13, 2011 at 4:54 PM

Beautiful images of the blossoms. I too love to get away and lose myself in the beauty of nature.

Most relationships require compromise - but it seems there is always one person who ends up doing more compromising to make it succeed.

Stacy Uncorked May 13, 2011 at 5:24 PM

Oh I agree it's a sanity break - especially when you get amazing shots like that! ;)

Compromise is definitely necessary - and useful - in our relationship. We joke about cc-ing each other...communication and compromise. :)

DoanLegacy May 14, 2011 at 9:57 AM

We all need a sanity break now and then. Just do what makes you happy, and show him the beautiful photos you've captured!

Self Sagacity May 14, 2011 at 4:37 PM

1) I don't stop on compulsion. I guess I don't have the luxury to do that yet. With a three year old, she rules the schedule most of the time. She is not impossible, but life is much easier when we adhere to a schedule that we both can be happy with.
2) It is almost a requirement that two people are equal I believe. With one better at certain thing than the other and vice verse. Mutual respect and even as far as worshiping your other half for something are quite important as the years go on, otherwise, if one doesn't "dig" the other, than eventually one will be tempted to look elsewhere. Did that make sense to you?

Anne Lyken-Garner May 15, 2011 at 11:53 AM

Lovely flowers, Judy.

Our preacher has been preaching on the family. Last week it was the husbands, today it was the wives. Wives are to submit, husbands are to love and lead in a way that is deserving of respect.
God hasn't given them authority to impose their laws on the woman. He's given them authority to lead in faithfulness, tenderness and protectiveness because they were formed first.
A husband is to love his wife as Christ loved the church - He died for it.

True, submission is required on both parts because we're one flesh, and according to scripture, can save each other if we're falling away from God's way. Sorry for going on.:-)

SquirrelQueen May 16, 2011 at 11:47 PM

I see blogger zapped your comments too. I'll try again.

Sanity breaks, or just breaks period, are a definite necessity. I have been know to stop on the spur of the moment if something catches my eye.

I think marriage should be an equal partnership built on love and trust. Honesty and communication are the mainstays but compromise is important too. I don't believe any person should be submissive to another especailly in marriage.