Thankful Thursday - Transportation

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Last week I went out to start my car and heard click, click, click. A young boy could simulate the sound better. I had to be to work in just a few minutes, so I quickly locked my car back up and ran back into my home waking my youngest who just got in from working third shift. "Chris," I asked, desperately and quietly, "can you take me to work? I've got to leave NOW!" He handed me his keys barely lifting his head from the pillow. I thanked him and bounded down the steps.

On one hand, I was very frustrated that my car was not running, but on the other hand I was truly grateful that I was able to get to work, and get there on time. My car was down for five days but I did not miss a day of work, and my oldest son got it up and running again. Thanks, Anthony, for the repair. Thanks, Chris for sharing your car.

I talk to customers every day that have no transportation, and some that have no one to depend on. It warms my heart that I have family and friends who are so dependable but I truly believe that part of having others to depend on is being dependable. So many times I have had to drop what I was doing to take someone somewhere. I might grumble a little, but I really don't mind. :-)

My questions are:

1. Do you take time out to help others?

2. Do you have someone to depend on when you need help?

I am a bit behind in making my rounds. I apologize and will be visiting shortly. My best friend Jeannie has been in the hospital all week and I visit her when I get out of work. There is no internet connection in her hospital room. Her knee replacement is doing well. She is one remarkable woman!

Please join us for Thursday Two Questions. It is a fascinating idea with lots of interesting topics. Don't miss out! Thanks for your visit. Take care and God bless!

Poetic Shutterbug April 13, 2011 at 11:16 PM

1. I help others whenever I can.

1. I have my Brother and my very dear friend Sony who always help me out when I need it. I'm a lucky girl.

SquirrelQueen April 14, 2011 at 2:09 AM

I am willing to lend a hand to anyone in need.

My sweet hubby is always there when I need him.

No need to apologize, take care of Jeannie. I'm glad the surgery went well, tell her I will keep her in my prayers.

Anne Lyken-Garner April 14, 2011 at 6:01 AM

I like to think I'm very dependable. I sometimes even help when I have other things on my plate that need my attention.
Thankfully, God has given me people in my life who're dependable. I can call for help and I know it wouldn't be far away. The only thing I would love is to have more people I can call on to baby sit! :-)

Donnie April 14, 2011 at 7:57 AM

I like to think I would help others if needed. I am lucky that I have friends and family I can count on too. Great post.

Margaret Duarte April 14, 2011 at 11:01 AM

1. We live on a farm with family members living close by. Therefore, we're a tight-knit family. I'm there for baby-sitting and any kind of emergency.
My extended family also knows they can call when they need me.
2. I'm lucky to be surrounded by family for help in any kind of emergency. Neighbors also help out in a pinch.

Lui April 14, 2011 at 1:19 PM

You're right. You have to be dependable if you want others to be dependable as well.

Me and my family are forever in advocacy work so our lines are always open for people in need. Mine have more animals in need than people ;-)

Now when I need help something/someone is always ready to extend a hand and a paw ;-)

Self Sagacity April 15, 2011 at 3:48 AM

1) I try to be helpful, but with small kids, I think I always look like "I" need help more than others. :-) Most of the time I don't mind running around and doing things for other family members.
2) The only person that has helped me unconditionally is my SO. No one has given me any of their time, or help without me having to pay back twice or three times more. I guess I should say, it is so rare to the point I can't even remember.
Thanks for linking and the great questions this week.

JamericanSpice April 15, 2011 at 11:36 AM

1. Yes I take time out to help others because at any time, I'll be needing help and have needed help.

2. God usually provides help for me, but apart from my husband , I'm not sure who else I could depend on here right now.

Aloha

LindyLouMac in Italy April 15, 2011 at 12:30 PM

This also makes you realise how overly dependent one can become on a car!

Lisa Ricard Claro April 16, 2011 at 1:19 AM

Yes, I do take time to help others whenever possible. My husband says I need to learn the word "no." LOL

I am fortunate to have loving family and friends who would help me if I were ever in need. My heart goes out to people who do not have that support system.

Nice post!

~✿~Icy BC April 18, 2011 at 11:18 AM

1) I'm trying to help others who need help as much as I can.

2) I have my children to depend on, and vice versa..Most often though, I depend on my neighbor friend too. I know they would jump as the sound of my call.

Sorry about the car, Judy, and Jeannie is not your best friend, I AM! :-)

Wishing Jeannie recuperating well!

Mariolina April 24, 2011 at 12:42 PM

1. Yes I do help as much as I can and at times even when I cant. :)

2. I am bless to have my mommy, uncle, some family members and friends to depend on.

Im also grateful to have Chris and you Mama Juju to depend on during my new beginning. :) Thank you :){HUGS}

Love Mari (Mariolina)

Mariolina April 24, 2011 at 12:44 PM

OOppss....Almost forgot give Jeannie Hugs for me :)Im glad her knee replacement went well :)