Thankful Thursday - Passion

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

I am so blessed. My life is full of passion

I am a mother, grandmother, great grandmother, wife, and a friend. I have a passion for writing, researching, natural remedies, photography... My passions are so strong they are like a lust; an obsession. I am insatiable. I had to work Saturday and met my good friend Jeannie after work at our favorite Chinese restaurant. Even though I knew we were meeting to eat out, the pretty blue skies called out to me. I had to take pictures of them. When I stopped at a red light, my window was down and my camera out. Obsessed? Maybe. Compelled? Yes. Blessed? Definitely!!

I fall in love weekly, sometimes daily

I hear about another herbal remedy (for instance) and I have a dozen books open looking for information. I am researching online, hunting up pictures and creating content. At that moment that particular topic is the love of my life. :-) The creation is my "baby".

Question 1. How does your family feel about your "passions"?  With my family it runs the gambit from annoyed to encouraging. I think it depends on not only who you ask, but when you ask them. :-)

Question 2. Do you think your passions enhance your life? I feel that mine adds a valuable element to mine that is irreplaceable.

Thanks so much for visiting me today.

I hope you join us in our Thursday Two Questions. It is a great way to get to know one another and to stimulate your mind. Take care and God bless!

Self Sagacity March 10, 2011 at 1:06 AM

I like the ways you asked this question Judy. I think passion is a wonderful thing to have, without it, a person can be boring. Everyone needs to have more than one thing or subject they are passionate about. I feel very suppressed being around someone who isn't passionate about something. So yes, wholeheartedly, I love people who are passionate.

Ruthi March 10, 2011 at 6:33 AM

1. My passions are writing and photography and I am blessed that my family and friends as well support me with my passion. They appreciate and respect the things I love to do.
2. Yes, my passion don't just enhance my life but they help me live a more productive life.

Donnie March 10, 2011 at 7:53 AM

My passion is my family. Everything seems to revolve around them.

They appear to love it.

LindyLouMac March 10, 2011 at 12:32 PM

I think it shows a healthy interest in life to have passions. :)

Mama Zen March 10, 2011 at 1:07 PM

You are so right! That kind of passion is a blessing.

SquirrelQueen March 10, 2011 at 10:14 PM

Great post Judy.

My hubby supports my passions for photography, blogging and even the cat management volunteer work. He kids me about it sometimes but it's always in fun.

It definitely enhances my life. Without passion life would be dull and have little meaning. It keeps us young.

forgetmenot March 11, 2011 at 12:54 AM

Lovely blue skies--it does make one feel "blessed" when something that serene and peaceful looking is overhead. Yes, Picnik has been fun--you click this and that and see what happens. Have a wonderful weekend. Mickie

Boonie S March 11, 2011 at 2:29 AM

Cool post. Cool photos. Thanks for this.

All the best, Boonie

Anne Lyken-Garner March 11, 2011 at 1:11 PM

My passion is writing and gardening. For the most part, my family support me.
My passion definitely enhances my life and who I am. I think I would be pretty boring and sad without them.

JamericanSpice March 12, 2011 at 11:29 PM

I'm not around much family so I dont know how they'd react.

My hubs sometimes doesn't understand. He is from a different culture.

But I'm passionate about alot of things and it keeps me alive and going instead of depressed and overwhelmed.

DoanLegacy March 13, 2011 at 8:15 PM

Great photos!

1) My family isn't at all thrill about my writing, but I'm too old now for them to tell me otherwise.

2) I think my writing enhanced my life for I learn so much from it.