Thankful Thursday - God's tugs

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Right before my very eyes
He painted brilliant skies
Who says that skies are only blue?
I'll tell you that's not true.
And in case you wondered
I have for you some news
Our Father's brush is dipped in
Multi-colored hues

Hubby's birthday was yesterday. I got out from work shortly after 6 pm and received a call from him on my cell telling me he was going to Finley's for his free birthday meal and asking if I would like to go. So I met him at home and we went out to eat. On the way out he stopped at the gas station and as I sat outside bored my  boredom turned to amazement. The skies were quickly painted in brilliant shades of fushia, powder blue, pink and even red. It was not in the most scenic place. It was not at the most perfect time, but it was amazing. I quickly  snapped a couple of pictures before my husband came out from the store so we could be on our way. I do not care how busy I am; how pressed my time is; how many different directions my mind is racing; God directs my attention back to Him. His means are both powerful and subtle, both natural and supernatural, both passive and passionate...He tugs at my heart much like my children, stirring something deep and profound.

Please participate in Thursday Two Questions! The conversation is lively.

My two questions:

1) Is there something you wish you had more time for? I have many passions and find my calendar has not enough days and the days not enough hours.

2) What  would it be? I want more time to visit you, more time to write, visit family, friends, clean house, work crafts and perform kindness. It seems there is never enough time, which is another reason why I so appreciate God's beauty. He takes time for us when we have no time. He is forever giving.

Thanks so much for your visit. Take care and God bless.

Self Sagacity March 3, 2011 at 12:23 AM

Hello Judy, I do wish for more time. I want to do so much and enjoy doing so much. I think visiting blogs is one of those things I wish I have more time for. Other than that, more time to write something more lengthy...like a book. It's hard with a three year old.
Beautiful skies and good catch.

Donnie March 3, 2011 at 8:48 AM

I wish I had more time to spend with my grandchildren. they make me feel young and I sleep better at night..lol...

♥-Icy BC-♥ March 3, 2011 at 8:50 AM

You're a wonderful person, Judy, who always seems to find God's beauties on this earth.

I think I'm fine with the time and day we have. I don't want more since if I have more, I will always want more..I'll do what I have to the best of my ability.

mZ E March 3, 2011 at 4:27 PM

Hello! *smile* clicked you from Two Questionz Thurdayz.

I wish I had more time to just fellowship in ma word and with the Lord. Not that I can't because He is EVERYTHING & EVERYWHERE. But just that personal time with him...being a single mom with kidz is not really a excuse but just dividing out ma self amongst otherz can be real tiresome.
I get ma time in with Him, but I guess I just want MORE time. In order for that to happen I would have to cut back on certain thingz...but kidz do the unexpected so when I think I have that extra time it gets taken away because maybe the lil one tried to clean themselves and just left booboo smeared on the bathroom sink! LOL!

SO, that has to be cleaned up..its not more important but...I just can't leave it...even tho I know I can! *smile* I'm all over the place! LOL! HAPPY THURSDAY, ma! *smile*

CHAN LEE PENG March 5, 2011 at 8:16 AM

God always brings wonders to humans.

JamericanSpice March 6, 2011 at 8:24 PM

You have a way with words. That was beautiful.

1. I wish I have more time for sewing and also teaching myself crochet.

2. Sewing and designing.

Have a great week!

SquirrelQueen March 6, 2011 at 11:29 PM

There never seem to be enough hours in my days. I often have several projects going at the same time while others get pushed to the side.

I would spend more time visiting my blog friends and more time developing blog posts. I would also like to have more time for volunteer work.