Recycle, Reuse

Thursday, March 24, 2011

I love warehouse shopping. Prices are so much more reasonable, but they either charge you for shopping bags, or you can use one of their discarded boxes. Since I pay for garbage pick up, using boxes to carry home groceries can mean more refuge for me and higher costs. Sometimes I use the boxes to take donations to thrift stores in or care packages for the children but generally I have more boxes than I need. So I  was grateful when I came across a "green" idea the other day. And what makes this idea even better is that it costs nothing. Now I have a neat little tissue box full of shopping bags tucked neatly in my car for the next time impulse hits me and I stop at the warehouse to get some groceries.

What do you do with your empty box after you used the last tissue? If you save your shopping bags you can store them in an old tissue box. The box will store your bags neatly and in a small confined area.  You can even donate a box full to your favorite thrift store. This way you can reuse, recycle and save our planet.
1. What is your favorite way to save money?
2. What is your favorite way to recycle?

This post linked to Thursday Two Questions. This is such a great way to get the conversation started. Thanks for the visit! Take care and God bless!

Self Sagacity March 24, 2011 at 12:48 AM

I recycle all my tissue boxes
1) I reuse all the grocery bags, either for trash or to carry things.
2) We recycle everything in CA. From paper to bottles. My favorite is recycling all the junk mail. I get tons everyday.

Cathy Kennedy March 24, 2011 at 8:57 AM

Couponing is one of my favorite ways to save. I posted a little about this one today. Be sure to check it out.

I recycle tissue boxes or other reusuable boxes for whatever purpose we can find a use for. We recycle soda bottles by using them for water bottles for our day trips. We aren't big recyclers.

~Cathy

Poetic Shutterbug March 24, 2011 at 2:13 PM

1. I actually use all paper type recyclables for packing and shipping items.

2. I also live in CA. So everything is recycled on a weekly basis.

-☼-Icy BC March 24, 2011 at 6:21 PM

I like that idea of using the tissue box as dispenser..

1) My summer water bill is usually high, so I like to store rain water for those hot days to water my vegetables, and flowers.

2) My favorite way to recycle newspaper and junk mail is to collect them and donate them to my church..They in turn earn a percentage of this for the children's program!

♥~Judy~♥ March 24, 2011 at 7:11 PM

Icy, that is great that your church can use your newspapers and magazines to assist in children's programs. I used to sub in headstart so sometimes will take magazines into them. The children use them for collages on different themes.

Margaret Duarte March 24, 2011 at 8:27 PM

1. My favorite way to save money is to stay away from the stores as much as possible. My son just introduced me to a deep discount grocery outlet in town. I tried it today. Not bad.
2. I recyle all my plastic and glass bottles and I reuse all my grocery bags. I also keep cloth grocery bags in my trunk to use whenever I remember.
Thanks for the tip on using empty Kleenex boxes for plastic bags. Think I'll try it.

Luna Miranda March 25, 2011 at 9:02 AM

i limit my trips to the supermarket to save money. i tend to spend more when i visit the supermarket often, buy things that i don't really need.

we recycle shopping bags, plastic and glass bottles.

Hope March 25, 2011 at 2:00 PM

1. Coupons and buying bulk

2. Reusing items and especially when I can paint them or make them something prettier than what they are. Although it is typically my Mom tha actually does the painting, I just think of the ideas lol I can be artistically challenged lol

JamericanSpice March 25, 2011 at 10:41 PM

I save by only buying what I need and using coupons and shopping sales.

2. I've just begun recycling for the city, but before that I'd reuse bags and use my own dishes and wash them and all sorts of stuff.

DoanLegacy March 26, 2011 at 6:08 PM

My favorite way to say money is to clip coupons for foods and household supplies.

And my favorite way to recycle is finding a creative way to reuse what I can..

DoanLegacy March 26, 2011 at 6:10 PM

I don't know where my comment goes since the internet just reset itself.

Clipping coupons is a great way to save money. We recycle whatever we can such as bottles, glass, and newspaper!

SquirrelQueen March 27, 2011 at 11:29 PM

I use coupons and shop the sales at the grocery stores but I am careful to buy only the items I know we use a lot of, I don't buy something just because of a coupon.

Our city picks up all of our recyclable items each week. I also just got an email from our local humane society asking for newspapers (great for lining cages) so I will be saving some for them.

I use reuseable shopping bags, the less plastic in the landfill the better. Also the plastic bags I was getting at the grocery store kept breaking as I carried them in the house.

mississippi artist March 28, 2011 at 8:14 AM

What a great idea, I am so going to do this. I save all plastic grocery bags anyway-seems I always find I need a bag to carry something.

Self Sagacity April 3, 2011 at 2:03 AM

Oh good, I am back here. I meant to tell you that I reuse the sandwich boxes and the snack bag boxes to put all my plastic bags in. So we're do have the same technique just with different boxes.

Blogger Broadcast April 3, 2011 at 2:10 AM

I will have to try reusing the Kleenex boxes.