The sky from my window

Friday, February 18, 2011

I was without my car for one day short of a week. The week end before last I stayed in bed most the week end so did not get an opportunity to go anywhere. I used most of the week end for a self imposed voice rest knowing my job would require every bit of voice I could muster.  Then Thursday evening as I tried to start my car to return home I got an awful sound; click, click click.  After "grounding" myself the previous weekend, I was so looking up to running errands on my weekend!

I called hubby and he came and gave me a jump to no avail. So we locked the car and went home.  These are pictures I took from the window of my husband's RV. See the street sign in the second picture? He used to fuss at me for wasting film (none needed), then he fussed cause I was wasting batteries (rechargeable), now it's because I'm wasting time. I wasn't driving. He was. :-) It's not like I can do the dishes while riding, now is it? Besides taking pictures of God's wonders is not a waste of time. :-)

Thanks so much for visiting. This post is linked to Sky watch Friday. Take care and God bless!

Krislin Neo, Ting (Syracuse Pike) February 18, 2011 at 2:26 AM

Hey Judy... Not sure if you still remember me.. But, you are the one who got me introduced to Skywatch...

Finally, I am in it.. yeah, mine is up.. Plain sharing as compared to yours, it seemed.. :)

LOL, it is certainly never a waste of time, especially when sharing with people all over the world.. I love your sharing.. :) Here is mine..

Cathy Kennedy February 18, 2011 at 6:52 AM

I think the pictures are lovely. I love the star effect. My husband gets a kick out of it when I want to take a picture. He'll pull over beside the road or invite me to hop out to get a better picture.

We all need to take time to smell the roses or snap a picture. It's all about enjoying life. One thing I've noticed in recent months, my kind husband is getting even more soft hearted. I believe he senses as time goes by the importance of embrassing moments silly or serious at every opportunity.

Oh BTW, thanks for visiting my blog. It must be nice to be tall. I'm 5'2", the shortest person in the house. My son looms over me standing at 6'3" and my husband is 5'10". Even my daughters are taller than me. Both are about 5'5". They live on their onw.

EG Wow February 18, 2011 at 9:17 AM

I really like the starbursts you have in these photos.

I hope your husband learns to appreciate how happy you are when taking photos. There's lots to be said for having a contented wife. :))

***Icy BC February 18, 2011 at 6:17 PM

Hope you're feeling better now! Your pictures are beautiful, and forget about his complain..He is missing out on beauty, not you!

Angelgirlpj February 18, 2011 at 9:27 PM

I love the pictures and your attitude about them. God is good.

Anne Lyken-Garner February 19, 2011 at 4:11 AM

I can't see what it says on the sign, but the third picture is excellent. What was that light in the sky?

Tell your hubby your friend said he's wrong :-) Taking pictures of God's gifts is no waste of time. :-)

Ruthi February 20, 2011 at 11:15 AM

oh sorry to hear about your car Judy. It's really frustrating when it happened. I hate it too when I don't have a car available to drive I felt like a prisoner.

SquirrelQueen February 21, 2011 at 2:15 AM

I love the middle photo with that gorgeous star effect! Tell your hubby that taking photos is never a waste of time, fussing is a waste! My hubby and I don't travel together except on outings but he will stop the car and let me take photos or if I'm driving he will sometimes point out something I might want to stop for.

Sorry to hear about your car, hope it is fixed by now.

DoanLegacy February 21, 2011 at 8:53 AM

Gorgeous photos of the sky!