Thankful Thursday - Fur Buddies

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

My earliest memories are full of dogs, cats, and various farm animals. They have always held a special place in my heart. The dog pictured here is my mother's cock-a-poo. Funny thing it looks just like the cocker spaniel poodle blend we grew up with. That dog was so smart, and so is Mom's! This little dog gives her so much company and love. How can I not be grateful for it? Owning a pet is good for our health. Research indicates that children learn better social skills from having a pet in their home and also suffer from fewer allergies. Adults have longer life expectancies when they own pets. Mom treats this little dog just like her baby, so I jokingly refer to her as my baby sister. I love the way she never stops giving my mother unconditional love. I think we could all use more of it!

"Statistically, someone who has had a heart attack has a 500% better survival rate when they return to a home with a pet." - Unsung Heroes It's Thursday and it's time to enjoy two questions Thursday!
THIS

My two questions are: 1) What is your favorite pet?

2) Why?

Take care and God bless!

Margaret Duarte January 5, 2011 at 9:35 PM

I live on a farm and I have to be careful not to make animals my pets. I love them all and care for them all to the best of my ability. That said, dogs make wonderful pets.

Lui January 6, 2011 at 2:44 AM

Oh you're right! I never had asthma even if it runs in the family!

My favorite is a lion but since I so obviously can not have one. I once went near the lion's cage in a zoo when I was 5 and the lion licked me to death and almost killed my mother with worry. I think I will settle for anything furry for their huggability factor! And I have two dogs now!

Luna Miranda January 6, 2011 at 5:58 AM

your fur buddy is adorable! i also grew up with dogs and cats, fell in love with a dog when i was 13 and was broken-hearted when he was hit by a car. i stayed away from dogs for a long time until i decided to adopt Fritz 3 years ago. i prefer dogs because they're more affectionate, and need love and attention. kids at our street refers to me as Fritz' mom.:p

Fritz has made me a better and more caring person than i used to be.

Judy Sheldon-Walker January 6, 2011 at 7:29 AM

Anonymous, I do not know if you will come back to his post or not, but I hope so as I would love to have your link.

Thanks and God bless!

♥-Icy BC-♥ January 6, 2011 at 7:59 AM

My favorite pet would be dog, because like you said, they give unconditional love.

Your "furry sister" looks adorable :-)

CHAN LEE PENG January 6, 2011 at 9:55 AM

Not only dogs, many animals like parrots, hamsters, rabbits and etc. give us so much love. So we must treat them just like humans.

Self Sagacity January 6, 2011 at 12:47 PM

My favorite pet is a fish, because it doesn't make noise. It is pretty to look at and is there for me when I want it to be. Like come and take a look at it and then go away.

My daughter would love to have a dog, she talks about owning one, about throwing the bone, about petting and chasing it, all the time. I wish I can make her wish come true, I am just afraid as hell about the maintenance.

Teresa aka JW January 6, 2011 at 1:44 PM

All of my pets were my favorite. ;)

You're right that pets are magic for our health and God's blessing.

Poetic Shutterbug January 6, 2011 at 2:36 PM

What a cutie :) I love all animals and when growing up we had bunnies, hamsters and birds. I'd have to say my favorite would be bunnies because they are just so cuddly and adorable.

Lisa January 6, 2011 at 8:06 PM

What an adorable dog, thanks for sharing your pic and article.

SquirrelQueen January 6, 2011 at 8:41 PM

Your mom's dog is adorable. I definitely agree that having a pet is good for us, sharing love is always a good thing.

Growing up our family always had dogs and cats. Dogs are great but not my first choice. Cats are my favorites mainly because of their attitude and independence. I have always had a busy lifestyle and cats fit in better.

sweetmemoirs January 7, 2011 at 2:41 AM

we have a lot of pets but they are not staying with us. my daughter calls the cats, dogs and other crittes she sees around our place her pet. ;)

i love dogs, they are just too cute and friendly! :)

JamericanSpice January 7, 2011 at 10:24 AM

I don't have a pet as yet but if I do, I'd love a dog.

They seem more human than cats. Dogs make friends, companions, protectors etc.

Happy weekend!