Even Jesus took time to pray

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Feeling pressured by the tasks you have undone? Can you imagine the list Jesus had? So before we start feeling overwhelmed, we can stop and take in the beauty God creates. With all the things He does, he makes time for us...

There is laundry to be done
Groceries to be bought
When is there time for fun?
Are you feeling overwrought?

Dinner must be made
Dishes must be washed
It's not a day in the shade
Dreams are often squashed

You must fit them in
When a moment can be grabbed
Very seldom can you win
Without your conscience stabbed

We must do it all
The family and the bills
We try to stand tall
It's a battle of the wills

But if we don't stop first
And take a minute out for God
Then things will be much worst
And we'll be over trod.

If we do not take that break
And become in one accord
Then we'll make a mistake
And lose connection with our Lord.
~
Nature by God
poem by Judy

Even Jesus took time to pray. God bless you and have a wonderful week. This post linked to Spiritual Sundays.

***Icy BC January 30, 2011 at 8:11 AM

This is great for my Sunday morning contemplation! Beautiful poem, and photo, Judy!

Joan Davis January 30, 2011 at 9:39 AM

When I was browsing through the titles of the posts or blogs that were listed on Spiritual Sunday...Yours popped right out to me! Prayer is so important, and as I have been seeking to deepen my relationship with Him, God is showing me and teaching me so much about it. Your post was a confirmation to what I have been learning. Yes, we need to always take time to pray...always and continually have an attitude of prayer! Thank you so much for sharing.

Living for Him, Joan

Catlyn Berry (Cizz) January 30, 2011 at 11:27 AM

Hi Judy! Wonderful poem, it slowed me down with truth, how busy and distracting our lives can get until we forget what really matters. Thanks so much!

Hugs'
Catlyn

Anne Lyken-Garner January 30, 2011 at 2:25 PM

So sweet. Of course, even Jesus took time to pray. This is a great example for us, especially when life's getting on top of us.
I sent your email address to that person. Thanks for your email. Hope it produces fruit.
Have a wonderful Sunday. My love and best wishes.
Anne

Donnie January 30, 2011 at 4:00 PM

That was a lovely poem Judy.

Charlotte January 31, 2011 at 12:45 PM

Beautiful poem and a great observation. Surely we need to follow Jesus' example in praying. He is our example in every area of our lives.
Blessings,
Charlotte

Self Sagacity February 2, 2011 at 11:29 PM

I love how you talk to us through your poems. It's a talent I think is pretty special to have.

SquirrelQueen February 3, 2011 at 4:07 AM

Judy, that is a really beautiful poem. It really speaks to the important things we often overlook because we are so busy.

CHAN LEE PENG February 15, 2011 at 11:11 AM

Sis, you have wisdom and brilliant! We all should pray first than focus more on materialistic life.