Should pot be legal?

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Recently I came across an old friend who told me that they had applied for and received a medical certificate making it legal to smoke pot. I was somewhat surprised but also intrigued when invited to take a look at their hydropinic garden. So intrigued that I asked them if I could take pictures. Permission was granted and if you are a little curious about what I found out while researching you can read here

The article will explain the coloring. My questions this week are:

1) Have you ever tried pot? You don't have to answer this.

2) How would you feel about someone close to you smoking it?

My answers:

I haven't. I have a great fear of addiction. When prescribed pain medication I do not take the whole bottle but only enough to get through the worst of it then discard the rest. I have only taken pain medications about three times in my life; torn rotator cuff, ruptured ovarian cyst, and abcessed tooth with an exposed nerve. I had each of my four children natural.

I am leery of the use of this plant. I would prefer my family/friends avoided it, but once it becomes legal curtailing use will become even more difficult.

Thanks for participating in my TTQ and God bless! I do hope everyone has a prosperous, healthy, happy and blessed New Year!!

Join us and others at Thursday Two Questions!

Luna Miranda December 30, 2010 at 5:02 AM

1) i tried smoking pot when i was in my early 20's. i knew all along the effects of marijuana but was curious what's the fuss was all about. i tried a few more times and enjoyed it. but my fear of "dying brain cells" was stronger than the nice, warm feelings it evoked.

2) i definitely do not approve. somebody close to me is a long-time marijuana smoker and it ruined his life.

SquirrelQueen December 30, 2010 at 5:03 AM

I'm a lot like you Judy, I don't like to take any type of prescription drug if I don't have to and it's been years since I have. I rarely use over the counter pain killers either.

Years ago at a party I did take one hit off a joint, that was the first and last time. It isn't for me.

I would prefer that my family/friends didn't use pot even if it becomes legal.

***Icy BC December 30, 2010 at 8:30 AM

I have tried once in college when I was in my early 20's, but the effect made me feel out of control, so I didn't like it..

If it becomes legal, I wish no one smoke around me or my children.

Margaret Duarte December 30, 2010 at 10:46 AM

1. I'm lucky. I've never felt the need to try pot or any other type of drug. Writing and other forms of creative expression are my drugs of choice!

2. I don't judge people who feel the need to use pot. Some take it to help relieve pain and anxiety, others say it is less addictive than cigarettes and alchohol. I leave it up to each individual to decide. Though I think the healthiest route is to work on ones' mental health through yoga, meditation, and the like.

DoanLegacy December 30, 2010 at 11:11 AM

I have mix thoughts and feelings on this issue! I would not like my children to smell this pot when it's legal to smoke around people.

Anne Lyken-Garner January 1, 2011 at 11:53 AM

Happy New Year, Judy.

I'm like you. I've never tried this. I was offered it several times because I worked as a model and was in the scene where people took it frequently.

Also, I avoid pain tablets. When I got some strong ones after surgery, I only took so many as to get me through the first 4 days. I felt too dozy on it. I suppose my body isn't used to drugs.

I would certainly not like for my kids or family to take it.

CHAN LEE PENG January 3, 2011 at 1:12 AM

Certainly, this pot cannot be made legal, as it leads to addiction that may end up one's life faster.

Self Sagacity January 8, 2011 at 7:28 PM

Somehow I missed this one! 1) I smoked pot several times in middle school, out of peer pressure. I didn't like it and never had any again. 2) I would be very bothered and would not want to be close anymore.