Two Questions Quandary

Thursday, November 25, 2010

My friend Jeannie had applied for a job once as a nurses aid for a woman who had a beloved but finicky cat.
The family had interviewed applicant after applicant before Jeannie heard about the job. She knew that in order to land the job she had to win the friendship of the ladies cat. This cat was very particular. (She snapped at me last week end when I mistook her for S.T. and pet her. ) I should have paid attention! :-) Meet Muffin, pictured.

Muffin would just as soon not be bothered by people, but has warmed up to my friend Jeannie and her husband. 1.) How do you think Jeannie won her over? You may have read about her trick in my cat nip article.

Question 2. What is the strangest thing you ever did to get a job? I remember when I lived in New York I walked many blocks on foot early each morning until I found a job. I could not afford the money for tokens so I would start out early in the morning walking around 100 blocks a day until I landed a job. Jobs are hard to come by now days, but they weren't easy then. To find employment one may have to be persistent. Sometimes several people are vying for the same job.

Have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving. If you have the time join us in  Two Questions Thursday. This is such a great way to get to know one another. Thanks Blessed Reflections for hosting this!
THIS

Self Sagacity November 25, 2010 at 12:58 AM

Thanks for the wonderful story, it was quite fun to read about it actually. I liked it.
The strangest thing? I had to "babysit" the interviewer. When it was interview time, I didn't get a call. For some reason, I called the person instead, which I would not normally have done. I would normally dismissed it as unprofessional, and wouldn't want to work for that position. Anyhow, at the time I felt okay doing this, and you know what Judy? I ended up chasing this person the entire time I was employed there! To follow up and for anything that was promised and not delivered/

SquirrelQueen November 25, 2010 at 3:30 AM

Muffin is a beauty. My cats have never gotten all that excited about catnip even freshly dried. Maybe I have weird cats.

I can't think of anything strange that I did to land a job but I once worked for an employment agency interviewing applicants. I have seen some really strange things.

Happy Thanksgiving Judy, hope you and your family have a wonderful day.

Judy

Luna Miranda November 25, 2010 at 5:20 AM

i read your catnip article. your friend is very clever:p

i couldn't think of any strange thing i did to get a job. but when i was job-hunting, i always tried to be cordial with the secretary/receptionist even she's cranky.:p

♥-Icy BC-♥ November 25, 2010 at 7:00 AM

1) Oh Judy, she carried catnip in her pocket..I read that before, and I'm a cheater :-)

2) I don't remember doing anything strange for a job. I just went to the prospective place and applied..

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, Judy!

Margaret Duarte November 25, 2010 at 10:27 AM

So sorry. Pressed for time today. Thanksgiving for me means good friends like the ones I've met through Thursday Two Questions. I'm thankful that I've discovered you. Happy Thanksgiving and see you again next week.

Lui November 25, 2010 at 2:17 PM

1. I thought Jeannie gave the cat something and then I read about the catnip story and I think that was clever. I wonder if that works for dogs too? Food tops the list as ice breaker for most animals!

2. I was in college when I applied together with my school mates as part-time convention assistants for foreign delegates in international conferences. We brought extra clothes and changed from our uniform to office wear in the restroom! We all got the job! And I still get called to assist in conferences from time to time. ;-)

DoanLegacy November 27, 2010 at 10:27 AM

1) I think she is a natural to animals.

2) I only thing I remember was to go from store to store to apply for the job..

CHAN LEE PENG December 1, 2010 at 11:05 AM

You had a great story here. Ya, I remembered you cat nip article and you were doing well with it. The black cat looked COOL.