Sexual Harassment: a Subtle Rape

Sunday, November 21, 2010

A lot has  happened in a very relative short time span. My lap top was stolen, which has put me way back in my computer tasks. Then an issue has reared its ugly head at Triond which has caused Icy, Chan, and many other of my fellow writers much concern. Many sexually provocative titles have made their way into our dashboards, and news feeds. These same articles are being promoted with links on our own personal publications.

There have been many comments and emotions raging back and forth and some progress is finally being felt. In the midst of this I wrote an article about sexual harassment hoping to clarify some of these issues as our parent publisher is not located in the U.S. Such an issue is taken seriously here, but in some parts would scarcely cause one to blink an eye. I was not sure where it would all end and was prepared to remove all of my 200+ articles which I had published over the last 3 1/2 years in order to maintain my integrity and that of my readers. It is as if I can finally take a breath and stop and smell the roses. :-) Well, how about gerbera daisies? These were posing for me the other day at Meijer.

Thanks so much for the support Icy, Chan, CA, Darlene, Pam (Angelgirlpj), Raju, Anaradha, Uma, Phoenix, Valli, Lindalulu, Santiagorlopez, Angelfire and Eunice! I also want to thank Cara and Shahar, staff at Triond for working to resolve these issues.

Now that everything is settling down its time to mellow out with Mellow Yellow Monday.

This post is linked to Mellow Yellow Monday. Hope you have a wonderful  and blessed Thanksgiving week!

MellowYellowBadge

gemini November 21, 2010 at 9:09 PM

Beautiful yellow flowers and from what happened to you...these beauties would give you a restful break. Happy MYM!

Teresa aka JW November 21, 2010 at 10:12 PM

Terrible, but great you have worked it out. Whew, what an ordeal and serious.

Happy Thanksgiving to you!!!

sweetmemoirs November 22, 2010 at 10:03 AM

sorry to hear about all the bad news, hope everything is well now... will keep you and the rest with my prayers.

Rachel November 22, 2010 at 1:07 PM

Sorry for the yuckiness - hope it is resolved soon.

Beautiful pictures - love that two tone one!

Kay L. Davies November 22, 2010 at 1:13 PM

What a horrible situation! We are all so much more vulnerable now, having put ourselves "out there" where hackers and crazies, and especially crazy hackers, can interfere with us.
Having experienced in-person harassment as one of the few females in a male-dominated job, I can empathize. Being older and feeling all auntly and grandmotherly, I wish I had solutions or even just suggestions to offer.
It's always been a mean old world out there, and "out there" has become exponentially larger. But, for women now, as in my day, "we shall overcome"!
Congratulations on being part of the solution.
-- K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

***Icy BC November 23, 2010 at 6:54 AM

Beautiful gerbera daisies, Judy!

This ugly situation will go on, since the bottom line is money for everyone..They will continue to do so for the sake of a few pennies..

CHAN LEE PENG November 24, 2010 at 9:48 AM

I agree with ICY. There is a hot debate in that thread. Triond's NO 1 writers (appear in hot content frequently) will constantly use the same tactic to gain more hits, money and "reputation". This is a DISASTER there.

Judy Sheldon-Walker November 24, 2010 at 8:47 PM

Icy, and Chan, that would indeed be sad if they gave in to those who want to post trashy titles. I cannot attest to what the content is like, because I will not open anything with such a title. Those writers insult themselves and all who write there.

SquirrelQueen November 29, 2010 at 2:31 AM

I hope this situation can be resolved but as Icy said money is the bottom line. Good luck.

Those Gerbera daisies are gorgeous.