A Silly Looking Vegetable?

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Bev, her grand daughter and I visited Flavor Fruit Farms Saturday. It seemed like  a wonderful idea as I had never been, Bev likes the place and her grand daughter wanted to go, plus I had to stay off my blog for the week end.  There is no cost to go and I would have found it very hard to restrain myself (from blogging) had I stayed home. So I thought about everyone as I took in all the wonderful sights.

Question 1. What is this funny looking green thing? I will give you a hint. You do not want to eat it.

Question 2. If you have ever cried tears of joy, what caused it? Mine has been from becoming a born again christian, witnessing my son and grandchildren get baptized, my children's births, weddings, laughing so hard I cried, and once in awhile a touching movie. I hope all of your tears are joyful!

This post is linked to My Two Questions!

Margaret Duarte October 21, 2010 at 12:10 AM

Hi Judy. There are two long green things in the picture. The lighter looks lie a gourd, the darker like a squash. But since you said I wouldn't want to eat it, I'll have to say I don't know. I cried tears of joy when my first granddaughter was born. My heart seemed to double in size.

Lui, heaven October 21, 2010 at 3:13 AM

1) I agree with Margaret. It looks like a gourd or a long cucumber which I love to eat. Hmmm, maybe it is a huge caterpillar or a kid's bat?

2) I cry in joy a lot especially over gestures that makes your heart spin in utter joy: my workshop students giving me appreciation gifts, my dogs roaching after eating, a boy ushering an elderly down the street, stray dogs looking at you with love after feeding them,flowers blooming when you talk to them, etc...now that's a lot of joy and tears! ;-)

Anne Lyken-Garner October 21, 2010 at 5:18 AM

1. I have no idea.
2. Yes. I cried (wept like a baby) when my sister became a born-again Christian. I had been talking to her for a long while about it and she'd lived a not-so-fantastic life. I didn't expect my reaction would be like that but it was.

Luna Miranda October 21, 2010 at 7:03 AM

1. we call the long green vegetable "upo" or winter melon. it's a pretty common vegetable here, but i don't like eating it.:p

2. i cry tears of joy when i witness a random act of kindness, hear a beautiful song or see an amazing work of art; when my dog refused to leave his place beside my bed when i was not feeling well recently. i cry at weddings, a feel-good movie.

Krislin Neo, Ting (Syracuse Pike) October 21, 2010 at 8:35 AM

1) I tried figuring out but in vain.. Will be waiting for your answer though.. :)

2) Same as you, my dear.. I was surprised when I saw your answer.. My cried tears of joy was when I converted and received my baptism.. In fact, many a time, during my RCIA journey, I often cried tears of joy.. :) :)

Krislin Neo, Ting (Syracuse Pike) October 21, 2010 at 8:37 AM

Wow, going through your blog, I realised we have something in common.. Yours is seed4thoughts while I have one which is Food for thoughts.. ;) Anyway, hope to see you at my site soon.. You can find my Thursday Two Question in Blessing Reflection but this time round, I am using my Photo Diary site to participate.. :)

Mumsy October 21, 2010 at 8:56 AM

1) I agree with Margaret for the first question. Great photos!

2) I don't remember when was the last time I cried, but usually when something great touches my heart!

Self Sagacity October 21, 2010 at 10:39 AM

1) It is of a squash nature, and is very bitter tasting. I do not know the name.

2) My tear of joy has always been my younger son. He is difficult, but when we don't have to stick with rules, he is remarkably loving and affectionate.

Poetic Shutterbug October 21, 2010 at 12:52 PM

1. I thought it was a gourd as well but since it is not, I have no idea.

2. I've cried tears of joy many times and I find that I cry tears of joy much more than tears of sorrow.

Donnie October 21, 2010 at 5:57 PM

1- It looks like a loopha to me.

2- the birth of any new life. Such promise.

SquirrelQueen October 22, 2010 at 4:30 AM

I'm pretty much with Maragret on the lighter colored one, it looks like a gourd. The other one might to also but it looks like a cucumber on steriods.

One my wedding day when we looked into each others eyes and spoke our vows.

Ann October 23, 2010 at 2:26 AM

When I was young in Borneo, my mum grew some sort of reed, It looks like a rice plant. We ate the shoots which looks like this. But I can't tell you the name.

DoanLegacy October 23, 2010 at 9:49 AM

Ok, this suspend is killing me.

1) I was guessing squash, but you said no..So what is it?

2) I'm mushy to the max..I cried just to see someone being kind to another person, like a homeless person..It's love that touches me.

Thanks for joining and see you next week!

ruthi October 30, 2010 at 5:07 PM

oh pumpkins i love them. i love orange that is why. that elongated thingy looks like the one we have in the Philippines. We call it "upo" or white gourd in English... but then I don't know if it was right.