A Precious Sign of Love

Monday, October 25, 2010

We throw our hands up in dismay

Whatever can we do?

Problems do surround us

How can we see them through?

We make messes of our lives

And turn to God in prayer

But often do not call Him

Till we feel despair

We forget to do His bidding

We'd rather do our own

We plant our wild seeds

And gripe at what we've sown

But does He give up on us

Does he turn his back?

He could blot us out in an instant

And create a whole new world

But He keeps us and loves us

And gives us this baby girl

In this little baby

God sends from above.

A precious sign of hope

A precious sign of love
~
Blessings from God
Poem by Judy

Dedicated to my new grand daughter born today at 6:35 pm weighing 6 lbs 10 ozs. and measuring 19 " long, and to her proud parents. I am especially proud of her mother as she does not have easy pregnancies as she is Rh negative. For more about this condition read here. They persevered! God bless. Sorry about the pictures - they were borrowed from Facebook. We will post better ones later. :-)

This post is linked to One Shot Wednesday where poets can express themselves.

CHAN LEE PENG October 25, 2010 at 10:30 PM

Pretty baby. God bless you and your family members. Take care, sis!

Anne Lyken-Garner October 26, 2010 at 2:25 PM

Oh, Judy! She's soooooo precious! Your poem, as usual, is wonderful and enjoyable (and true). God bless you and the proud parents.
May your precious new baby girl live a long, happy, blessed life.

Brian Miller October 26, 2010 at 7:35 PM

congrats on the new little one! precious...and the love you speak of...deserve it or not we get it...nice verse...great one shot!

Khakjaan Wessington October 26, 2010 at 9:17 PM

Congratulations!

Unfortunately, the poem is nonsensical. It begins w/ platitude ruminations and the answer is God & baby! Sorry, not buying it.

~♪~Mumsy~♪~ October 27, 2010 at 7:52 AM

Your poem is just fantastic in describing the love for this precious life..Congrats!

Shashi October 27, 2010 at 11:20 AM

Judy congratulations..
I enjoyed your verse as well as your joy within those words... I always believe that the new born child is like angel - so fresh from God.

ॐ नमः शिवाय
Om Namah Shivaya
Twitter: @VerseEveryDay
Blog: http://shadowdancingwithmind.blogspot.com

Mona October 28, 2010 at 5:19 AM

Congratulations! Children are such a precious gift really!

Ann October 28, 2010 at 6:27 AM

Looking at the baby photo, my heart goes thud!!!

I remember studying about Rh negatives at university.

Tell you daughter, I love her, from one mother who lost her baby to another, I understand the pain and the tears,

Judy Sheldon-Walker October 28, 2010 at 9:23 AM

First of all thanks so much to my well wishers. There is a feeling of euphoria that comes from new birth and I am so grateful to share it.

Khakjaan, I am sorry you feel that way, but I am in disagreement with you. The way I feel belongs to me, and that is what my poem is about me. Thoughts are seldom focused on one central theme but upon a myriad of ideas as life is complex. God's love is complex. I write what I feel and would be remiss if I attempted to write my poetry how you saw things.

Take care and God bless.

Judy Sheldon-Walker October 28, 2010 at 8:23 PM

The congratulations and warm support are wholly appreciated. Thanks and blessings!

Ann, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Both my daughters have suffered from mulitple miscarriages and it does hurt. It is a hard loss for someone else to understand. Take care & God bless!

Ann October 28, 2010 at 9:57 PM

My loss is 21 yers ago, and I have moved on. I take this as a special thing that I have that I am able to relate to mums who are bereaved.

I miss him as a healthy son, but I am glad/relieved that he had died because he was very very sick. i couldn't have handled that.

God gave me a healthy son 7 years later. That filled my heart's desire.

When I hear of someone losing a baby, I write to them.

I came to post about the mud packs. You can buy expensive mud packs from the Volcanic area of New Zealand. It smells of sulphur. I have not used it. ( I don't use expensive things.)

SquirrelQueen October 28, 2010 at 10:52 PM

Congratulations on the birth of your new granddaughter Judy. Your poem is a lovely tribute to her birth.

Self Sagacity October 30, 2010 at 11:36 AM

Congrats Judy. God never leave us, as he show us love in many ways especially at our most desperate moments.

ruthi October 30, 2010 at 5:03 PM

Congratulations to the proud parents and grandparents. I am so happy for you.

de engineur December 13, 2012 at 1:26 AM

Cute baby.
Congratulations! And God bless us

Colette S December 17, 2012 at 10:30 AM

Wow. Such a powerful poem!

Congrats on that day you had this precious blessing come into your life.