Two birthdays and an Anniversary

Saturday, September 18, 2010

My 24 year old baby boy and I went into Verizon  to discuss an alarming cell phone bill. After they reviewed his file they found that the error took place in July when he purchased a new phone at Best Buy and the clerk changed his plan. They reduced the minutes, halved his circle of friends, and took me off the plan. All these changes (without his knowledge) doubled the cell phone bill, so we may be looking for alternative ways to communicate shortly. Verizon advised it was not their error and they are not responsible. They emailed Best Buy, so we await their response. Meanwhile I am looking into alternative ways to settle this error.

It was a rainy day with the sun making short appearances throughout the day. I wanted to capture the sun on a rain drop. Not today, but one day.I snapped a few pictures and before arriving home got a text message from my 20 year old grandson to come and get him from my daughter's home. He wanted to spend some time with me. I picked him up and  he helped me to hang a shelf up - yes some place for more books. :-)

A grandson and a great grand daughter celebrated birthdays today. One turned six and the other one,  and as luck had it they had them at the same time and same place so Little Caesars was one of my stops today.  It was good to see so much of the family together at one time. Little ones ran, played, and bowled. The teens chatted and ate pizza, while adults did the same plus monitored and fed the little ones.Everyone seemed to be having a good time.

I then went to visit Jeannie for a minute and took more pictures at her house. Her wisteria looks much better than it did last year. It actually bloomed twice this year and has lots of leaves still. I also could not resist getting a couple of pictures of some yellow flowers which bloomed along the roadside of a field across the road from her farm.

Overall it was a busy day spent with family and friends, and my husband and I celebrated six years of marriage today. Take care and God bless. I hope your week end is memorable.

Share your weekend memories at Our Weekend Memoirs
Our Weekend Memoirs

Hazel September 19, 2010 at 3:48 AM

What a lovely week! I like the description of your family together best. That's a pretty wisteria.

Jenn September 19, 2010 at 10:35 AM

The pictures are greatly taken - I love the yellow flowers the most.

My OWM entry is now posted, too.

♣☆♥Willa♥☆♣ September 19, 2010 at 11:31 AM

Those are really beautiful. Two weeks ago, we also attended two birthdays.
Have a happy sunday!

Our Weekend Memoirs

Mumsy September 19, 2010 at 8:55 PM

Congratulation on your anniversary! Many more happy ones to come, and also happy belated birthdays to your grandchildren.

Beautiful flowers, and great weekend memoir!

Anne Lyken-Garner September 20, 2010 at 6:15 AM

I hope they have a lovely birthday. Theirs is so close to mine!

Ebie September 20, 2010 at 11:30 PM

I am always in fear of picking the wrong plan and I am glad I chose the cheapest way, prepaid, cause I do not use a lot of minutes.

I hope this confusion will be squared away.

I hope you had a wonderful celebration.

Icy BC September 21, 2010 at 6:53 AM

I hope your cell phone is resolved or else how will I talk to you?

Happy belated anniversary, and belated best wishes to your grandchildren!

Self Sagacity September 22, 2010 at 1:24 AM

You have a lot to celebrate huh? What a day it must of been for you. Life sounds plentiful, and that is a good thing.

SquirrelQueen September 23, 2010 at 3:49 AM

What a busy day you had. Happy Anniversary to you and your husband and Happy Birthday to the little ones.

I went to Radio Shack one time for a cell phone and they got my plan all mixed up. Now I will only deal directly with the carrier when buying a new phone. I hope you get the bill straightened out Judy.

ruthi September 23, 2010 at 9:51 PM

good thing you were able to solve the mystery of the mysterious phone bill. isn't it amazing how things will change when you talk to the phone people. i was glad i did too.