Thankful Thursday - Replenishment

Of a mother, a wife
Working ten hour days
For very little pay
Days becoming dreary
The body gets weary
People call all day
About bills they cannot pay
They are hurt they are mad
It makes me feel real bad
I work a job within the world
Where rules are being hurled
Ones that demand we cannot say
That God will rule the day
If I would offer prayer
For the heart aches that they share
I'd be facing reprimand
In our world of shifting sand
 God is the answer to this mess
While policy does persist
If only they could see
His love for you and me...
I dwell on the sorry state of things
When His beauty within me sings.
It lifts my spirits high
Like the beauty in the sky.

I work in a call center. I handle calls all day from people who are struggling to pay their bills. I can relate. I am struggling. I have children out of work. They are the parents of my grandchildren. You would have to live on a desert island to not know what state we are in. If we immerse ourselves in it, we risk burn out. Company policy does not allow us to mention our faith. The strongest tool we have and we cannot offer God's comfort or our prayers. It is He who sustains my day. When I feel like an empty vessel or a wrung out dish rag, it is He who brings me back to life. He lifts my spirits with His beauty, when I am not allowed to discuss him, I see Him, I feel Him. It saddens me that man works so hard to remove God's name while trying to state we are a christian nation. What hypocrites!

I pulled into the parking lot at work and took the first picture of my day. I tucked this beauty in my heart as I steeled myself for another day. It is posted above.

I went to the grocery shop tonight then home to cook and I took the last photo. He is here in our canopy of a sky. His love is ever present for both you and I! Icy, I hope you like the pictures! :-)  You always post such pretty ones! Take care & God bless.

SquirrelQueen September 16, 2010 at 5:03 AM

Both your sunrise and sunset photos are incredibility beautiful Judy. I cannot imagine the tragic stories you must hear each day. But with all the misery you deal with you still manage to find beauty in the world.

Rachel September 16, 2010 at 9:56 PM

Such beautiful photos and reminders of how He cares for us.

Judy, I'm sure the fact that you can't say anything about your faith doesn't keep you from exercising it and praying for them even though they may not know it... that is such a gift to them!

RNSANE September 17, 2010 at 6:33 AM

Hi Judy,
Such a lovely photograph and poem. What you wrote was very needed by me at this time. I think I am at the lowest point I have been in my almost 66 years
( two weeks away ). It has now been 19 months since San Francisco's massive budget cuts ended my 21 year job as a forensic nurse and forced me to retire on a half time pension. Slowly, the bills have been mounting and my $2325 rent is becoming impossible. It takes my entire pension, leaving me only $1300 social security to pay bills, utilities, buy food, etc. Two of my sons are living with me and help with the rent but I stil am barely surviving. In Jan, I have to move. I am crying most of the time - something new for me...and wondering how I am going to survive.

You seem to have a great deal of faith so please pray for me!

Anne Lyken-Garner September 17, 2010 at 8:36 AM

Amen! I fully appreciate what you're saying. I agree totally.
Your pictures are beautiful, even though they're of things we don't normally class as pretty. The reflection of light in the last one works very well.

Judy Sheldon-Walker September 17, 2010 at 9:10 PM

I am truly touched by the show of support and also am keeping you in my prayers. There is no better friend than Jesus.

ruthi September 18, 2010 at 12:03 AM

i hear you Judy... loud and clear. I am now working on weekends too for my second job. but i am not whining. i am in fact grateful considering that there are lots who have no job at all.

Icy BC September 18, 2010 at 8:12 AM

Thanks for the pictures, Judy!

I need to have more faith in God, and your words always steer me back to him.

Self Sagacity September 22, 2010 at 2:07 AM

Ohmygosh, my touch pad is so sensitive, it just wiped out all my comment!