My Two Questions?

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

We are bloggers. We fearlessly get up close and personal with the "critters" for the sake of an interesting photo, but my friend Jeannie was simply watering her garden. One bee stung her 25 times. She was covered with stings. She is allergic to bees and is also asthmatic. First she stripped then gave herself a shot and a breathing treatment; then took benadryl. Her husband dug this "nest" out of the ground in the corner of her garden.

Question 1. What kind of bee is this?

Question 2. Should I merge my two other blogs into one?

Now I am depending on you to share your wisdom. :-) Join us at My Two Questions.

Take care and God bless!

Lui September 30, 2010 at 1:17 AM

1. Whatever it is, I'm sure it is deadly! How brave of Jeannie's hubby to attack the hive!

2. I'm not sure. I have several sites too PLUS I help run other sites too and to be honest, it is killing me. ANd to think I don't even do this often.

Goodluck, JSW

Self Sagacity September 30, 2010 at 1:52 AM

A killer bee can sting you twice I believe. But a wasp can sting you multiple times. So I have to say that this is a wasp's nest.

2) This is personal preference, but I rather one great blog, than two so so ones. Because I don't have time to spread myself so thin. Now, as a freelance, part-time fun writing kind of person, if I was to do it for money, I have to keep more than two blogs going to more than donuts and coffee change.

Krislin Neo, Ting (Syracuse Pike) September 30, 2010 at 6:30 AM

1) Omg, for a moment, the pic looks like snake.. Okay, okay, they are bees.. and sorry for my lack of knowledge in bees.. I can't seem to figure out what kind of bees they are..

2) Well, not for me.. I have six blogs in total and haven't thought of merging them.. It kinds of appeal to different groups of people and for some, they just don't like to be 'crowded'...

Hope to see your thoughts on my Thursday Two Questions.. My 1st time taking part though..

Love,
Krislin

Cathy Kennedy September 30, 2010 at 7:25 AM

It almost looks like a honey bee. Hint, I said almost. It's really difficult to tell with the bees being so small in the picture.

Merging your blogs would depend on how organize you are, I'd say. I think it would drive me bonkers to try to keep up with more than one. Are these blogs similar? If so, then I think if it were me then I'd bring them together so you won't have to split your time.

Icy BC September 30, 2010 at 8:08 AM

Oh my goodness, poor Jeannie! I hope she is ok!

1-It has to be honey bee, (I'm clueless, can you tell?)

2-Merge the other one since Seeeds4Thoughts is doing well!

Margaret Duarte September 30, 2010 at 11:06 AM

When I first saw your picture, I thought I was looking at a snake, not a bee hive. I would think by how many times your friend was stung, it would be a wasp of some kind, but since I'm not an expert on bees, that would only be a guess. I haven't time to check out your other blog today, but having two blogs must be very time consuming. One is far more than I can handle. So my advice would be to combine your blogs if their themes are compatible.

Poetic Shutterbug September 30, 2010 at 1:22 PM

1. I wish I could help you with the bee but I have no idea.

2. I think merging is a great idea. I did it with my blog and now that you can add individual pages to your blog, it's much easier.

Ruthi September 30, 2010 at 11:13 PM

those honeycombs gave me goosebumps. hahahah

with regards to your 2nd question... I am not the right person to answer that because I might give you the wrong answer. hahahaha trust me "once a blogger... always a blogger". even if you merge two blogs to have one... you will always have the urge to create a new one. wink*

Anne Lyken-Garner October 1, 2010 at 8:28 AM

Wow! I looked at the picture first and instantly thought that was the shed skin of a pet snake.
I don't know the answer to the first question, but I know how busy you are and how hard you have to work just to get a minute to post something on your blog.
I think it would be easier for you to have one blog. Only my tiny opinion though.

DoanLegacy October 1, 2010 at 11:17 AM

That nest looked terrifying! It must hurt so much for your friend.

Regarding your second question, I wouldn't know what to do with merging..If it makes you happy, keep them..

Donnie October 1, 2010 at 11:52 AM

1-Ground bees is a very general term, as there are many different ground bees, bumble bees and even some wasps have been known to make their nest in the soil versus in a tree. I looked this up on all allaboutbees.com

2- I'm a new blogger and don't see how you can keep up with more than 1...lol....

SquirrelQueen October 1, 2010 at 8:04 PM

From the looks of the nest and the fact it was underground I would guess it is a yellow jacket hive. They are bad tempered and will sting for seemingly no reason. Honey bees are pretty mellow in comparison.

The last time I was stung it was a yellow jacket and one sting put me in the emergency room.

I have three blogs (not counting my test blog) so I'm not really the person to ask. I think it is all personal preference.

Judy Sheldon-Walker October 6, 2010 at 10:51 PM

I am grateful for all the input. I have a wealth of information now to ponder on the bees/yellow jackets.

As for merging my two other blogs, I've looked into it by using a feature called import/export but am not sure how to use it and afraid of losing something. lol

Anonymous July 23, 2011 at 11:34 AM